Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-26-2019, 01:11 PM   #1
Jennifer G
Jennifer G began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problem converting .kpf file to .epub

I am attempting to create an ebook in Kindle Create that has embedded interactive audio, then convert it to epub in Calibre. I have added the KFX plugin, so that the .kpf file will be readable by Calibre. But when I try the conversion to either epub or mobi, I get an error message that begins:

ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert Presentation1b</b><br><br>Exception(u'Unknown com.amazon.yjconversion feature: yj_audio-2\nexternal_resource has extra data: zsSHNix_EhEDg_nv8mmGC904

Maybe there is some other plugin that will help with the audio? I've searched but haven't found anything obvious. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Jennifer G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 02:54 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The next release of the KFX Input plugin will accept the yj_audio-2 feature. In the mean time you can force the conversion to complete by selecting the option "Allow conversion to complete even if errors are detected" in the KFX Input tab of the conversion dialog.

However the results of converting this sort of book may not be very useful. KFX textbook format will convert to a fixed-layout EPUB containing one image per page, each with a hidden text overlay. The audio will be converted as HTML "audio" elements.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert