Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
deckoff
deckoff began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Freda/SlovoEd/PRC question

Ok I have 2 questions
1) How to make Freda work with SlovoEd - I have tried with
\Storage card\program files\SlovoEd 7\slovoed.exe|lookup='{0}' but slovoed will start, but the search box will not contain the word I was looking for, but the old search
2) It seems that SlovoEd uses prc files - I have bought Oxford Advanced Learner dic, can I make it work wit slovoed after I DeDRM it....
deckoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:37 AM   #2
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
When first run, or if you do Settings->Load->Restore Factory Settings, Freda will try to find SlovoEd on your phone and if it finds it, set up the right command string to do SlovoEd lookup.
It will be something like:
\Program Files\SlovoEd 7\SlovoEd.exe|res

The right path to the program will depend on where it is installed, but the "|res" part is the right way to tell SlovoEd to run in 'resident' mode, and pick up the search text from the clipboard.

Hope that helps.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert