Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
Collections on the Card not showing on the reader?

So I noticed last night that the Connect software let me create a collection on the SD card! Woot! So I create one just to try it out...but it doesn't seem to show in the collections list on the reader. Am I missing something like a firmware update? Is collection support on external card only partially implemented? Or is something not right?
Thanks!
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's implemented in the firmware of the 505 and not the 500. So while it looks like it worked, on the 500, it really didn't.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2007, 12:47 PM   #3
coleman
Connoisseur

Oh. Boo on that.
Bastards. I'm not getting a 505 for just that.
Maybe I will have to jump shimp to someone else eventually after all.
Thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 02:44 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
They're still looking at which of the new 505 functions they'll be able/willing to port back to the 500, so there's at least some hope that we 500 user peons will get card collections at some point.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But with the 505's increased ram, the need for an SD card has been lessoned.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2007, 09:49 AM   #6
coleman
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But with the 505's increased ram, the need for an SD card has been lessoned.
It depends on how you use it. I'd like to build up a library that I can just carry around with me.

Collections would not even be an issue if they didn't have the silly flat view of the file system.