Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 03-29-2007, 05:38 AM   #16
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
And I have finally bought a supplement to your book for £20.
Cannot find it in any bookshop on the Internet though . Found only one pic of the book
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sh1.jpg
Views:	1140
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	2979  
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:44 AM   #17
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Again -- Great work Harry! Improvements are well worth it. Thanks.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2007, 07:24 PM   #18
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Harry, let me add my profound thanks too, for the great effort. Just loaded it to the Reader.

I'm especially pleased that it has LARGE type. The very first book where I am happy with a Medium size in landscape. mode Actually, the Large is too large. Never thought I'd live to see the day I'd say that!
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:25 AM   #19
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
Cool

Harry,

This is my first post to these forums. I bought my reader about a month ago and have had my nose in it since the day I brought it home.

Between larger literature such as Moby Dick, The Magus, David Copperfield and a few others, I have been reading Sherlock Holmes. The edition I had until you posted this was okay, but I had to stop and thank you VERY much for this. Your efforts are well received.

Thank you again!
Seth Williams
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:59 AM   #20
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hey, why not give Harry some more Karma. He definitely deserves it for his work!
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2007, 10:55 AM   #21
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
Love it!
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:54 AM   #22
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
You're very welcome. I'm a big "Sherlock Holmes" fan, and did this entirely for my own benefit. If other people find it useful too, that's just a "bonus"
Your book is becoming very famous and starting to wander all over the Internet.
It is been in binaries (about 4 different newsgroups) a few days ago
Old 04-05-2007, 07:08 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's great - that's exactly what I created it for, for people to share!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #24
Xtremegene
Connoisseur
Xtremegene began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 --- Nokia n800
Good stuff, "ol' chap". I've been reading this book (collection?) more than my textbooks as of late... guess I need to change that if I want to graduate soon. Thanks again, Harry!
Xtremegene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:23 PM   #25
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Thanks Harry. I had a copy I took from Gutenburg months ago that I quickly formatted in Word and loaded up. Yours is much nicer.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:43 PM   #26
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Hey Harry, one thing I would suggest on your conversions, like this Sherlock Holmes one, is to turn the font size down a notch or two. The "small" on the Reader is pretty large in your font, people always have the option to scale up from the default size, but not scale down.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:44 PM   #27
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
I even grabbed these Harry, thank you.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:41 AM   #28
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
Hey Harry, one thing I would suggest on your conversions, like this Sherlock Holmes one, is to turn the font size down a notch or two. The "small" on the Reader is pretty large in your font, people always have the option to scale up from the default size, but not scale down.
Could you take a look at one of my later books - eg one of the Jules Verne ones - and see if the font size on that is more to your liking? I use a smaller font size now than I did initially - this was the first book I created, and I've learned a few things since then.

If you prefer the font size on the later books, I'll re-upload the SH with smaller fonts.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:35 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've uploaded another version of the file (in the first message of the thread) for those who prefer smaller fonts. I've left the original there too, so you can have whichever you prefer.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:39 AM   #30
astra
The Introvert

You are genius!