Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Retiring from the Visual Kindle Guide

Hey fellow Kindle owners!

A little over 2 years ago, I enlisted the help of MobileRead members Leep and PilotBob to help create the Visual Kindle Guide wiki. Our goal was to have one place where Kindle owners could find easy to follow instructions on how to apply various tricks and hacks to extend, change or add to the features of their reader. The wiki has had a lot of visitors and I believe it has been helpful. I know I have learned a lot just working on it.

I have been the main updater for the guide for quite a while now (thank you so much to those members who have jumped in from time to time to make corrections and updates where needed ) but feel the need to retire from it's upkeep. I have been spending less and less time at MobileRead and am finding it difficult to stay up-to-date with all hack changes and updates. So after one more cruise through tomorrow (Sunday, 2-19-2011) to catch up as much as I can, I will stop updating the guide. I will leave a notice on the main page informing any passers-by about my retirement.

Of course, anyone is welcome and encouraged to make any updates and changes to the guide that they see fit. It belongs to all Kindle owners and potential Kindle owners.

Thanks again to Leep and PilotBob for all their help. The project would have never gotten off the ground without them.

A super giant thank you to all the Kindle Hack Masters who have helped us love our Kindles more than we already do. You all rock!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #2
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
THANK YOU for your efforts.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 03:49 AM   #3
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3 - Galaxy Tab 10.1
I hope you've been spending less time on MobileRead because you have other duties, not because of health problems or something similar. THANK you for your time and tremendous amount of work
Histerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Thanks for all the time and effort spent! I wish there was a gold watch emoticon.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
Histerius
Zealot
Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.Histerius knows the square root of minus one.

I think we should give this to daffy4u: http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val...r/Pulitzer.jpg
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Histerius View Post
I hope you've been spending less time on MobileRead because you have other duties, not because of health problems or something similar. THANK you for your time and tremendous amount of work
I'm fine... I think... what have you heard? :P

Yeah, I'm actually spending less time online in general. I feel the need to move my energies in another direction. I may drop back in when the next Kindle comes along... who knows.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Thanks for all the time and effort spent! I wish there was a gold watch emoticon.
I owe a lot of thanks to you DiapDealer for clarifying and helping me test some of the hacks and tips that have popped up in various posts. You're a rock star!
Old 02-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Histerius View Post
I think we should give this to daffy4u: http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val...r/Pulitzer.jpg
Oooh, I'll take it!

I'd like to thank Histerius and all the little people who made this award possible.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Thank you for all your help and efforts!
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:50 PM   #10
Histerius
Zealot

Quote:
I'm fine... I think... what have you heard?
Not that I heard something But after four years writing for poandpo.com every day, without a day off, I know what does it mean to update a website day in day out. That why I wrote "I hope it's not health" because that business can seriously affect health, especially mental health. At least in my case
Old 02-20-2011, 05:52 PM   #11
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Thanks for all your efforts, Deb, and for all the personal help you've given me in the past. I hope you'll be around from time to time to help restrain You Know Who.

Jim
Strether is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:17 AM   #12
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Thanks so much for your efforts in maintaining the Visual Kindle Guide. I have benefitted from the information there, as other Kindle users will for many years to come thanks to your hard work!
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #13
modified
Connoisseur
modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!modified is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: PW5
Hello daffy4u, I am delurking just to say "Thank you!" for the guide.

I got my Kindle just a little over a month ago and your guide was invaluable to getting me started on the hacks. Thanks for the awesome work!
modified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:04 PM   #14
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I noticed that that the screen saver (and font) hacks listed on the visual guide will no longer work with the new kindle update (3.1). Even if you've already installed it.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #15
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
A big thank you daffy for all your hard work and your presence here at MR!
You will be sorely missed!
Please return when/if you are inclined to re-direct your energies back online!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote