Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-10-2011, 03:22 AM   #121
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Thumbs up

@Kingstas:
Thanks again for your help!

btw: I hadn't realized that you did NOT speak about AndSQLite but a completely different program...

@kalle17:
Thanks for your support and your ADVICE to Kingstas!

btw: there are no adviceS - just advice, no matter how many...
(Google doesn't know everything, yet, fortunately!)
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:46 PM   #122
pippopelo
Connoisseur
pippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enoughpippopelo will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle 4th, Paperwhite 5th, Paperwhite 10th
I change sdk=5 to sdk=7 with Root Explorer, in order to install Aldiko 2.0, but when I try to install, I give an error about space on device. I have 16,71mb free. ???
pippopelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #123
hjay
hjay began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Most people are probably just moving on from IQ...whereas I'm just getting one (secondhand). I'm certainly getting lost in all the small details here, and from what i read I'm wondering if I've made the right decision with this e-reading mularkey - I thought it would be straightforward! I want to read books not tinker endlessly with the reader engine and formats!

Having said that, I plumped for a machine on which I could also pick up my email and browse the web. So here I am - or will be in a day or two - with an IQ.

In a nutshell, can someone tell me if this thing is running Android 2.1 or 2.2 yet? I want to know where I am with the android situation and therefore the apps I'll need. If I ever need gingerbread or more I expect I'll be getting another device!

So just where are we wth the IQ?

Thx all.
hjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #124
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjay View Post
So just where are we wth the IQ?

Thx all.
IQ is running a cleaned up, debugged version of the original Android 2.0 firmware. It is currently up to release 2.1.2 but it is still Android 2.0.
It can web browse fine, run versions of Kindle, Nook, and Kobo, plus some versions of Aldiko, Coolreader 3 (recommended), FBReaderJ, Overdrive, Audible, and several decent pdf viewers.

As an ebook reader it is more than adequate.
As an Android tablet... well, it's low-end 2010 tech.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #125
hjay
hjay began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Thanks for that bit of clarity! I'm left to wonder why Pocketbook haven't got on and enabled an upgrade of this device to more recent android versions, although I'm sure what it does will (probably) be sufficient for my needs.

Alas in this day and age one's needs rarely stand still!

I don't understand precisely how the hardware/firmware/software relationship works, but I'm left to wonder why one couldn't just wipe the slate (pardon the pun) and plonk an install of Ginerbread on the thing.

As you can gather from that remark, I'm not very tecchie....

ps. I went to the Pocketbook site and their most recent firmware version seems to be 2.1.1......??

Last edited by hjay; 02-02-2012 at 06:37 PM.
hjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #126
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjay View Post
I'm left to wonder why one couldn't just wipe the slate (pardon the pun) and plonk an install of Ginerbread on the thing.

As you can gather from that remark, I'm not very tecchie....

ps. I went to the Pocketbook site and their most recent firmware version seems to be 2.1.1......??
It's being tried.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160159

Mostly it's a driver/customization thing.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #127
Alex-C
Alex-C began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 701 IQ
unfortunately the link in the first post doesn't work, this thread would be a good sticky

just to share the apps I'm using:

for CHMs: BestReader(support rom1.5)
for PDFs: EBookDroid (perhaps better than the ezPDF I use on my HTC DHD)
for EPUBs: Aldiko 2.0 (a version compatible with Android 2.0 is downloadable here)
for Kindle: I found it here

now I'm happy with that

just to be on the safe side I installed Dr.Web Anti-virus Light and I don't even feel the need to install Astro
Alex-C is offline   Reply With Quote