Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Issues with mobile version of MR

I spent the last 8 afternoons, evenings, nights and mornings at the hospital with my little boy and kept up to date with MR via iPhone and the excellent mobilemobileread

Now that I've used it intensively, I'd like to offer some improvement suggestions.

1) Bigger Buttons / Links.
Yes, all y'all with HTCs and Androids with their styli will laugh at me, but on the iPhone it is hard to click on the "next" or "previous" links. I'd like to see bigger buttons for opening the thread vs. opening the thread at the last post as well as the "next", "last" prev" etc. links.
Hey, I know ... try to make it look like an iPhone UI.

2) Funny typo in the spoiler warning

3) More posts per page. I'd rather wait longer for a loading site and scroll a lot than click after every 10 posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0164.PNG
Views:	520
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	45033  
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thank you for your suggestions. Very much appreciated!

Quote:
1) Bigger Buttons / Links.
I agree. It's been also on my mind.

Quote:
2) Funny typo in the spoiler warning
Oops! blow -> below.

Quote:
3) More posts per page. I'd rather wait longer for a loading site and scroll a lot than click after every 10 posts.
That you can already do. When you are logged in, go to your personal mobile settings:

http://www.mobileread.mobi/index.php?do=mo
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #3
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
That you can already do. When you are logged in, go to your personal mobile settings:
http://www.mobileread.mobi/index.php?do=mo
Heh ... I was searching the user CP and completely missed the settings link.

Thanks.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I find the normal MR site to be extremely "usable" on my iPod Touch in landscape orientation. I do, though, have to "zoom in" to be sure of selecting the correct hyperlink, but for normal reading it works extremely well.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:16 AM   #5
mores
Guru

It's exactly the "zoom-in-to-click" thing that makes it a chore on a small device. That's why I wanted more posts per page

Despite my wishes for improvement I have to say that I'm very glad MR has a mobile site.
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 04:10 AM   #6
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
If there were a generic interface/protocol to access the forums, it would be possible to write a better client for any device.
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There is a generic protocol - HTTP. You could parse the HTML page and re-display it whatever way you wish within your own client, should you have the urge to do so. Personally, though, it really doesn't seem worth the hassle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:31 AM   #8
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
There is a generic protocol - HTTP. You could parse the HTML page and re-display it whatever way you wish within your own client, should you have the urge to do so. Personally, though, it really doesn't seem worth the hassle.
I don't agree that HTTP is a generic protocol for access to a forum. To parse it for any other purpose than rendering the default view for the user is a total waste of time and resources.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Jonas, if you're thinking of some kind of client-server communication based on XML, well, that's a very interesting idea. Right now I would put it low on our priority list though, since there are other more important things we'd like to get developed first.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:57 AM   #10
Jonas777
Groupie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Jonas, if you're thinking of some kind of client-server communication based on XML, well, that's a very interesting idea. Right now I would put it low on our priority list though, since there are other more important things we'd like to get developed first.
Yes, I you got it. Something like that. I sure would like that if your time and resources allow it some day.