Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #1
maxarsys
maxarsys began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung NS102sp Netbook/Macbook Pro 2012
Howto unzip/unrar some books while importing the calibre library ?

hi,

I m having issues when i m trying to import a book collections.

Some are zip or rar and it is using an external archive program to open the archive.

I want to unpack those archives when it is importing. I looked in plugins and it seems their is one plugin made for that called Archive extract 1.0.0 but it doesnt seems to work...
Also i get huge copies of .zip books in different folder named :"chapter 1 2 3 ..." but it a copy of the same .zip file in each folders named :"chapter 1 chapter 2 chapter n..."

What to do ? I m confused...

Regards
maxarsys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxarsys View Post
hi,

I m having issues when i m trying to import a book collections.

Some are zip or rar and it is using an external archive program to open the archive.

I want to unpack those archives when it is importing. I looked in plugins and it seems their is one plugin made for that called Archive extract 1.0.0 but it doesnt seems to work...
Also i get huge copies of .zip books in different folder named :"chapter 1 2 3 ..." but it a copy of the same .zip file in each folders named :"chapter 1 chapter 2 chapter n..."

What to do ? I m confused...

Regards
1 book(only) (any book type format) per ZIP, just drop the zip onto Calibre... It will figure out what way to handle the contents. No need to unzip first.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 AM   #3
maxarsys

Thank you but I want to avoid archives files from my library so no .zip and no .rar because there's a thousand of them. So is it possible to unpack them before importing them to the library?
Basically I have a folder including sub folders with zip and rar in some of them and I want to find a command, one that can check folders with sub folders for archives and unpack them before deleting the archives files.
It's not possible to do it manually because the number of sub folders with archives is huge.
As i mentionned in my first post the imported archives files duplicate themself in diffrent folder named chapt 1 . 2 etc... and inside those folder their is only the archive file and not the content i have to unpack it manually. But what is not good is that for each chapter when i importe the library i have a big number of duplicated books in subfolders in zip format.

I am looking for a command line like find *.zip *.rar directory /home/aaa/books/(and sub/sub/sub folders) && unzip (what is found into the same directory and delete zip files after extract) && unrar (same operation)

Regards

Last edited by maxarsys; 11-08-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxarsys View Post
Thank you but I want to avoid archives files from my library so no .zip and no .rar because there's a thousand of them. So is it possible to unpack them before importing them to the library?
Basically I have a folder including sub folders with zip and rar in some of them and I want to find a command, one that can check folders with sub folders for archives and unpack them before deleting the archives files.
It's not possible to do it manually because the number of sub folders with archives is huge.
As i mentionned in my first post the imported archives files duplicate themself in diffrent folder named chapt 1 . 2 etc... and inside those folder their is only the archive file and not the content i have to unpack it manually. But what is not good is that for each chapter when i importe the library i have a big number of duplicated books in subfolders in zip format.

I am looking for a command line like find *.zip *.rar directory /home/aaa/books/(and sub/sub/sub folders) && unzip (what is found into the same directory and delete zip files after extract) && unrar (same operation)

Regards
#1) read this https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=119175 sticky.
Bottom line:
Calibre will store files it's way, not your way.

#2) My advice below basically says: Calibre will look into a Zip/RAR and try and figure how to archive #1 (for a single book type).

Have an EPUB inside a Zip, Calibre unzips the book from the archive. Have HTML, Calibre stores the archive

Have 2 formats inside: Calibre stores the archive, but you can't convert or do any 'single format' operations, like convert
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:04 AM   #5
maxarsys

Hi,
I think i cant explain myself properly in English on this issue, sorry for making it complicated.
But my problem is very simple.

When I import to Calibre a book collection located in /home/user/Documents/Ebooks using" Add books from directories include sub directories (multiple books, every books is assumed as differents books). Everything works well despite the fact that .zip books and .rar books imported are generating duplicate books in zip format for each chapters of the books in .zip/.rar format.I give an example : I try to import book1.zip and book2.zip in /home/user/Documents/Ebook to Calibre library.

I use "add book ... (what mentionned above) " and then in my Calibre list i get Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3 ..., Chapter n) when i click on Chapter 1 it s open Archiv extractor and then inside i can open chapter1.html or chapter2.html etc ... but in Chapter 2 on the list when i click on it s also open archive extractor with the same chapter1.html chapter2.html etc.. so basically i have duplicate version of the book in .zip in every "Chapter n" folders.

So it s obviously using free space for nothing and doesnt let me read the book straight. I have to delete all the other chapter folders and keep just chapter 1 folder and rename it as the book to get the same... and not use free space for duplicate files.
Since Calibre is having this big issue in mass book import i thought much more better to not import any .zip or .rar books in Calibre library but just extract them all before in .html format or whatever their is inside, before i start to import the Ebooks folder to Calibre.

But I have thousand of .zip .rar books in my Ebooks folder and i wish to unpack them and delete them all in one terminal command before I import the folder Ebooks to the Calibre library.

So do you maybe know a command to do that ? I hope it s a litlle bit more clear for you to understand why it s not nice this way.

Last edited by maxarsys; 11-08-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Advert
Old 11-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
maxarsys

Ok i found what command i needed to, find . -name '*.zip' -exec unzip '{}' ';' same for rar with unrar