Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-28-2007, 05:22 PM   #16
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Hey, whatever works........... I got this thing from target (made by case logic, may be a cd player holder?) when I travel to pop mine in...... someone else got one too, so the pic is around here somewhere. I believe they bought theirs at walmart... anything for added protection IMO is better than none.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:23 PM   #17
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Wow, I just noticed, a few days ago my Karma was 25 and today it's at 307?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #18
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Heh, heh. Yeah, it can sneak up on you. If you look at your user Control Panel, it'll tell you who hit you, what posts and any note they added ... for the last five hits, anyway.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:40 AM   #19
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
Wow, I just noticed, a few days ago my Karma was 25 and today it's at 307?
That's cool Karen. What a boost, huh? You deserve it! Also, and observation... I think the karma thing goes up based upon who grants you karma and quite possibly how long they've been active on this forum or their level of merit. I noticed some people with only one or two posts, but they had a whopping 700+ karma, which made me wonder just how significant their posts were. I read them and they were good, but still couldn't understand the fuzzy math . Anyway, I think when I first signed up a few months ago and posted good-vibes to some people for their great info/work, it only notched their karma up by maybe 3, but today when I bumped a few other people it went up by 14 for each. Hmm, who know's? Only time will tell. Ah well, I think I've just been being a geeky infomonger wondering how things work (do it all the time and I'm always asking questions).

You've had some great ideas and, IMO, reading your posts (and others... you know who you are ) helps keep this forum personal for all of us.
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #20
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I got to wondering a while back about how the karma works too, Azayzel, and you're not too far off (I had to ask Alexander to get the scoop). It's figured based entirely on the karma giver's status (I had thought it might have something to do with the relative statuses of the giver and the givee, but nope).

Each person seems to start out with 1 point of influence (after they've posted at least once), then it follows the formula. Here's the formula that I worked out from what Alexander told me, it seems to hold true from what I've seen:

(# of days registered/30) + (# of posts/10) + (Giver's present Karma/40)

Remember, these are all based on the karma giver's stats.

So, for example if a person who had been registered 300 days, had posted 600 items, and had a present Karma of 80 were to give someone else Karma:

(300/30) + (600/10) + (80/40)

Or:

10 + 60 + 2 = 72

So If this theoretical person were to tap someone who had, say 28 karma points already, the tapee's karma would increase to 100 points. And yes, I picked nice, tidy numbers to make it easy on myself -- I'm used to the computer doing my arithmetic for me (and most of my spelling, too, for that matter).

The biggest single factor is how much you post, the more you post the faster your givable karma goes up.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #21
Rp3
Rp3 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilbeginnings
Hey, whatever works........... I got this thing from target (made by case logic, may be a cd player holder?) when I travel to pop mine in...... someone else got one too, so the pic is around here somewhere. I believe they bought theirs at walmart... anything for added protection IMO is better than none.
I would love to see a picture of it if you can?

Gotta get something.

Glad I got it back though, almost done with Excavation (SP?)....

Chow.
Rp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:39 PM   #22
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Heh, heh. Yeah, it can sneak up on you. If you look at your user Control Panel, it'll tell you who hit you, what posts and any note they added ... for the last five hits, anyway.
Thanks have to go and look. I would not have known of this response other than there is one down below yours and it arrived in my mail. I am not getting responses to all my subscribed threads for some reason
Old 03-03-2007, 12:43 PM   #23
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel
That's cool Karen. What a boost, huh?

You've had some great ideas and, IMO, reading your posts (and others... you know who you are ) helps keep this forum personal for all of us.
Thank you......thank you.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:48 PM   #24
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rp3
I would love to see a picture of it if you can?

Gotta get something.

Glad I got it back though, almost done with Excavation (SP?)....

Chow.
Here this is easier....... this is Nightwings, same thing I have and he posted three pictures here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&page=2&pp=15

Second and third post should show you what it is..... just fits in there, has little pockets on the inside so you can stuff some folded up paper, or a flattened up light for night reading (yes guys, I got one from lightwedge, the three light fold up that came in colors, actually it works pretty good over the single light... red LOL....although favorite color is blue go figure that one).. warranty papers.