Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
StevenLin
StevenLin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Something never seen before

Recently I was using Sigil to create a magazine, and found this created by Sigil itself:

body.sgc-1 {word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;}

Can anyone tell me what they mean: word-wrap, webkit-nbsp-mode, and the rest?

Thank you very much.
StevenLin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I don't think that Sigil put that in there. It must already have been so in your source file and Sigil just made a inline stylesheet for it.

That being said, the webkit stuff is to make iBooks do what you want. The word-wrap will hyphenate words I think.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
StevenLin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
I don't think that Sigil put that in there. It must already have been so in your source file and Sigil just made a inline stylesheet for it.

That being said, the webkit stuff is to make iBooks do what you want. The word-wrap will hyphenate words I think.
----------------------------

I see. Then do you know what other commands do?
Old 10-23-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

google knows

e.g.https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=we...hrome&ie=UTF-8

GIYF - LMGTFY
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Be aware that the CSS is part of CSS3. That means that it is not used in ePUB2, but in ePUB3. Sigil is an ePUB2 editor. There are only a few ePUB3 readers and programs, iBooks being one of them.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #6
John2011
Enthusiast
John2011 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo 1
StevenLin

I too have had

body.sgc-1 {word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;}

added to my body tag on numerous occasions. As I only use Sigil, it didn't come from any where else. And the epub was under construction.

I just removed it. But it does happen.

Peace,
John P.
John2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #7
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
This was added by Sigil when splitting pages (when using 0.5.3 or earlier). The 0.5.905+ betas should no longer do this. It is part of the cruft added by Webkit that we now strip out automatically.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
Toxaris
Wizard

Hmm, I have split files many times before with older releases, but never seen this behavior. Is it a Mac thing?
Old 10-23-2012, 06:52 AM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I used to see it occasionally, too (Windows, Linux). I just knew to check for it after a round of splitting/merging. I seem to recall seeing it happen mainly when merging files, but I could be wrong.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #10
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
It is easy to replicate. Just load up Sigil 0.5.3 then in Book View do a split. Depending on whether Tidy is turned off, the "previous" page of the split will have this cruft either directly applied to the body tag or as an inline body style. The page created "after" the split point does not have it in.

And I knew about it because I specifically fixed it for 0.5.90x
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #11
StevenLin

This thing happens once in a while, and it seems to happen after I use the "create new chapter" button.

i am fine with these commands, as long as they don't screw up my document.

And thanks to all of you for replying.