Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Recently opened book not showing on home page

Has anyone had any problems with a book that was recently opened/read not showing on their Paperwhite home screen when you have it set to "recent items"? This just started happening to me recently. I tried a restart, but it didn't help.

Last edited by sparklemotion; 10-08-2012 at 01:28 PM.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Has anyone had any problems with a book that was recently opened/read not showing on their Paperwhite home screen when you have it set to "recent items"? This just started happening to me recently. I tried a restart, but it didn't help.
Don't own a PW but is the book in a collection? I know on the others Kindles the book wont show up unless it's out of a collection. Try list view and see if it's there.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Your Kindle's clock is probably wrong (it gets reset when you reboot). Connect to WiFi or 3G and leave it for an hour or so; that will set the clock from Amazon's servers. The next time you open the book all should be well.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Go home, tap menu, synch and check for items. That does it for me.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks everyone for the replies. It was the clock as suggested. The minute I connected to wi-fi and synced it fixed it. yay. It must have changed during a reboot as Harry said, it was way off.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #6
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Thanks for this thread, I was pulling my hair out over this. I reset, and deregistered and registered again. Only to find it still did not list recent items. So found this and went wi-fi and it worked. How silly of Amazon. Really it is.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not "silly" at all; it's inevitable that the clock get reset if you reboot the device, because the Kindle doesn't have a battery-backed clock. It's like turning your microwave oven on and off - the clock goes back to a default setting.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #8
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's not "silly" at all; it's inevitable that the clock get reset if you reboot the device, because the Kindle doesn't have a battery-backed clock. It's like turning your microwave oven on and off - the clock goes back to a default setting.
But I understand the clock being reset, but I would never think the recent book would be reset. I asked that question long time ago on MR and was told it was a badly formatted book. So that is what I thought this time too.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:55 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The reason the recent book list gets messed up is because it stores a time stamp of when you last read the book, so when you reboot the Kindle and the Kindle's clock gets reset, it's storing the wrong time for when you last read the book.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #10
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The reason the recent book list gets messed up is because it stores a time stamp of when you last read the book, so when you reboot the Kindle and the Kindle's clock gets reset, it's storing the wrong time for when you last read the book.
Thanks Harry, maybe that will stick in my brain so when it happens again I will know what to do.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:14 PM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
I have seen books disappear altogether, and not even appear way down the list, but that usually happens when I edit the metadata in calibre and it was already in a collection beforehand.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote