Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
Ticallion
Connoisseur
Ticallion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Audio pops and glitches

I noticed this last night with two different games, doesn't appear to happen with anything else, yet at least. It happens with Battleheart and Where's My Water.

While the game music is playing, there is an annoying popping that continuously occurs, especially noticable with headphones on. I've tried restarting the KF, reinstalling the games from cloud, clearing the cache and even killing any apps running in background via ES Task Manager. Still the same, so I don't know what else to try aside from disabling the game music completely.

Was hoping there'd be someone else here with either of those games to test it. If you don't have headphones, you could still hear the popping with the volume cranked up. What makes this even worse is these are probably two of the best mobile games on there. Just my luck.

EDIT: If it helps, here is a list of all the apps I have installed so far from both side loading and Amazon. Let me know if any of these are known to cause problems.

Dropbox
Dolphin Browser HD
ES File Explorer 1.6.0.8
ES Task Manager
ezPDF Reader
imo instant messenger
MX Video Player
Splashtop Remote Desktop
TweetCaster for Twitter (and Facebook)

Last edited by Ticallion; 12-18-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Ticallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I don't play games so I cannot test them, but there have been a few postings about the stereo plug port on the Fire being loose. I haven't noticed any pooping/clicking using the internal speakers and playing music, but I have noticed this with some headsets when the cable is moved around a bit. That makes me think there might be something not quite right with the stereo plug port. It does seem to struggle to make a good connection with some headsets.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
Ticallion
Connoisseur

I tried with two different headphones though (Sennheiser and Sony) and also with no headphones at all, so I'm not sure. It also only happens with these two games so I'm wondering if the Fire is just struggling to run them smoothly.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I have Where's My Water? and have not noticed any pops. Although, that game has pops as the actual sound effects... Haven't tried Battleheart though.

I will tell you that my MacBook Pro in the past has had popping issues. When I started using GarageBand, it was highly noticeable. Give it a little while more, and see if it still is making that noise after a week.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:23 AM   #5
Ticallion
Connoisseur

They're not really loud pops, they sound more like ticking sounds that you can hear with the music. I'm a bit of an audiophile so they seem even more noticable to me. I've since been playing a bunch of other games, and these are still the only two titles that do it. Even more demanding games like Plants vs Zombies or HD ones don't do it so I no longer believe it's just my device.

For Where's My Water, you should be able to hear them right when the main menu music is playing, it's not just while in-game and it's definitely not intended. It's a glitched kind of sound, like you'd hear when a PC game lags except the framerate is fine and the games play as they should. It's really strange.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I've not been able to notice any kind of issue with sound in games. Then again, I don't really pay TOO much attention to the background music, unless it's really catchy.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote