Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-08-2008, 03:46 AM   #61
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That certainly sounds like the problem. Make sure that it's NOT an SDHC card. Format it in Windows as FAT32, and make sure you put it in the Gen3 correctly (label facing away from the front of the Gen3, and push it down below the level of the top of the slot until it "clicks").
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 04:12 AM   #62
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinibiza View Post
I tried another Sd card and it is now upgrading!

Thanks, Harry.

I wonder why it doesn't like my other SD card. It is a 1 GB 60x.
That's good to hear. Pleased we got it sorted out!

Dodgy formatting of the card is the general reason for the card not being recognised. Try reformatting the card as FAT32 on a desktop PC.
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 04:55 AM   #63
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Perhaps it would help us all if you could send it along with a report of the bug to Bookeen?
Yes, I'll do when I have the full list

Quote:
I think it would be easy for them to fix such easily reproducible bug.
They still haven't fixed the wrong autorotation for images, which I reported months ago, though.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:00 AM   #64
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Can I Ask which firmware version you were running when that PDF worked? was it 708? or was it the version that came preloaded from Bookeen (can't remember the no).
I think it worked with 708, but I'm not quite sure I really tried the book with that version. It certainly worked with 538 (the original) and 685 (1.1).
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:55 AM   #65
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Yes, I'll do when I have the full list

They still haven't fixed the wrong autorotation for images, which I reported months ago, though.
Yes, they haven't made it possible to display Polish letters either, even though I reported it to them in December.I hope it's all in the "bestter support for HTML and TXT" they have on the Next To Do list.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #66
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
Yes, they haven't made it possible to display Polish letters either, even though I reported it to them in December.I hope it's all in the "bestter support for HTML and TXT" they have on the Next To Do list.
Or they have lost the bug report. When I submitted bug reports I asked for confirmation that they had registered the bug in their bug track system but never got any answer.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #67
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Or they have lost the bug report. When I submitted bug reports I asked for confirmation that they had registered the bug in their bug track system but never got any answer.
Well, they wrote once, asking me for further details, a few days after I wrote to them. I provided those details, no info from then on.

They might have lost the bug report later, true.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #68
jinibiza
jinibiza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/iPad/Iphone
"Dodgy formatting of the card is the general reason for the card not being recognised. Try reformatting the card as FAT32 on a desktop PC.

Actually, that didn't work for this particular card. It works with other devices and is not an HDSD card. Strange!
jinibiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #69
Georgios
Georgios began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
That's the ticket! Great PDF support, finally, I had reverted to 538 but this one is almost perfect. Just the folder issue and I'm all done visiting the support forum :-)

BTW I haven't seen anyone pointing out that the new kernel is much smaller than the olders..
Georgios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #70
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgios View Post
BTW I haven't seen anyone pointing out that the new kernel is much smaller than the olders..
How much smaller is it?

You can't tell from the size of the "update_kernel" file - that just patches the old firmware; it's not a "standalone" replacement for it.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #71
bob_ninja
Addict
bob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enoughbob_ninja will become famous soon enough

Device: Zire71
I had a single PDF left on my reader:

"Souled" from BookHabit.com
http://www.bookhabit.com/book_details.php?book_id=249

It is a simple file, pure text. After the upgrade my Cybook skips some lines and others are truncated. Tried different zoom levels, same rendering. Also tried to remove and readd the same PDF, no change.

I simply extracted text into a text file, so don't mind so much. Still, I wonder if the PDF rendering engine now has some new bugs introduced?
bob_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:11 AM   #72
Gianfranco
computer scientist
Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Gianfranco once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Gen 3
Yeah! *dances*
Finally the PDF support everyone reading technical PDF's been waiting for!!! No more stupid cropping.
!!!
And thanks for the pictures PIPO!
Gianfranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:22 AM   #73
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
How much smaller is it?

You can't tell from the size of the "update_kernel" file - that just patches the old firmware; it's not a "standalone" replacement for it.
How do you know that? It would be very stupid if it is not a standalone replacement since then it would not install from previous versions of the firmware or not install properly if one file is corrupted in the internal system.

Smaller size usually is an indication that debug symbols have been removed.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:29 AM   #74
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
How do you know that?
Because the "readme" file that comes with it says so. It seems rather unlikely that they've cut the size of the firmware down from 16MB (the size of the previous "full" version) to 5MB, don't you think?
Old 09-09-2008, 04:38 AM   #75
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Because the "readme" file that comes with it says so. It seems rather unlikely that they've cut the size of the firmware down from 16MB (the size of the previous "full" version) to 5MB, don't you think?
Nothing strange with that. Adding compression or stripping binaries will have that effect easily.

The readme file did not say that the firmware (kernel and other things on internal partition) was not complete. The comment about just updating sections I am pretty sure refer to the fact that it does not erase you books or your configurations like some previous updated did.