Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
Tremir
Tremir began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
Computer doesn't recognize cybook

I've had a cybook gen3 for about a year now, I've upgraded to a new laptop, running vista sp2, and the new computer doesn't recognize the cybook.
the old computer doesn't have any trouble.

When I connect the cybook to the new computer when the cybook is off, it charges normally, but if I turn it on then it stops charging and I can read normally. It doesn't go into slave mode, and I can't access it or the SD card on it.
Tremir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:01 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you tried all the USB ports on your new computer? Not all USB ports are equal - very often, some are connected directly to the USB controller and will work, while others will go via an internal hub and won't.

Does the Windows device manager show anything as being connected when you plug in the Gen3?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 04:58 AM   #3
Tremir

I have 2 USB ports, and I get the same results with both.
The device manager doesn't show anything when I connect the device.
Old 08-21-2009, 04:59 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you have a different cable that you could try?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:01 AM   #5
T_Frain_K
Booyah!
T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.T_Frain_K once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 // Samsung Galaxy S
Then you should not be able to access anything esle via these ports, are you?
T_Frain_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2009, 05:27 AM   #6
Tremir

I have no idea what you mean. I'm able to use those ports to connect anything else I try, except for the cybook.

As for another cable, not on me. I have the original cable at home, which I'll try when I get there.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:59 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremir View Post
As for another cable, not on me. I have the original cable at home, which I'll try when I get there.
Ah... Could it be that the cable you are using does not have a thin enough tip at the Cybook end? If the plastic bit is too thick, it won't go all the way inside the Cybook and the connection will be deficient, the symptoms you mention are consistent with this.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
I'm using Vista too ! No problem for me, but I always turn my Cybook ON before connecting it.
What is your Cybook version, by the way ?
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
Tremir

hmm.
switching the cable didn't seem to matter, but switching the cybook on before connecting it solved the problem, which is really weird considering that turning it on after connecting wasn't a problem before I changed computers.
Then again, the cybook just got back from repairs, and it returned with the latest version, which might have started it.
No idea, really, but it works now.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:26 AM   #10
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
Bookeen changed the way the Cybook is started (if you have a 400Mhz one) before they never really stop if you press the reset button, or plug the USB cable when it was off. They correct this behavior on more recent version of the firmware.
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote