Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-18-2009, 06:39 AM   #1
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Unhappy Experience with Bookeen's Service - revised :(

This Jannuary I bought my girlfriend a Cybook for her birthday. While she was very happy with it, it developed a few glitches like freezinhg every hour or so and a battery time of only 2-3 days. A short wile ago I sent the device in and Bookeen had a look.
They could not find the reason for the strange behaviour and decided to replace the whole device for a shiny new one. Now they are waiting to get some devices on stock again and will send me the new unit.

All in all a very positive experience with quick and good communication from bookeens side.

cheers,

kaas

Last edited by kaas; 07-26-2009 at 09:34 AM.
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:02 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I'm glad you had such a good experience with them.

I sold my Cybook after having a terrible experience with their CS so I'm glad to hear it isn't universally bad.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Wow, that was the first post about a positive experience with bookeens support i've read here.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
Wow, that was the first post about a positive experience with bookeens support i've read here.
Well to be fair I got good service when I had problems with simple for Bookeen well known solutions (replace my Cybook in one case and send me a new battery cover in the other case). I get the feeling that the bad support is for cases were they do not have previously used method for. In these cases they do not respond directly and it seems that increases the risk for them misplacing the email.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:51 AM   #5
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

I am very happy if just a bit jealous
Especially since the new unit will be probably the faster one with 400MHz...

cheers,

kaas
Advert
Old 06-19-2009, 06:39 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post

To be fair also, they moved quickly enough for me when I yelled .....

Not to be totally positive, though, they seem selective as to which emails, of mine, they wish to answer.

Let's not forget it is a good device as it is - it does, for ME, what I want it to do .... (mostly :chortle - I can live with its design characteristics .... yeh even a non-functioning delete button.

My only concern is availability of .prc books (see threads elsewhere on MR).
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Well, my problem was that when I placed my order, some components (charger, cover) were out of stock. they included a note with my device saying they'd send them as soon as they were in stock.

It took me eight months and many, many phone calls and e-mails to France to get the missing components.

I sold the device at a significant loss because I was so ticked off.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

Seems all is not as rosy as hoped. Since I posted, I have (friendly) asked bookeens support three times as to when I could expect the replacement. Unluckily all my emails have been ignored...
I shall try via phone next week.

cheers,
kaas
Old 07-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #9
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
Seems all is not as rosy as hoped. Since I posted, I have (friendly) asked bookeens support three times as to when I could expect the replacement. Unluckily all my emails have been ignored...
I shall try via phone next week.

cheers,
kaas
Kaas, someone has noted before that Bookeen seems to get worse when they have a unique situation and don't know what to do. My guess, is that the issue is that they are still out of stock and can't send you a new one. They probably don't know exactly when the new ones will be back in stock.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #10
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
Kaas, someone has noted before that Bookeen seems to get worse when they have a unique situation and don't know what to do. My guess, is that the issue is that they are still out of stock and can't send you a new one. They probably don't know exactly when the new ones will be back in stock.
Then that is exactly what they should say.

It's not that difficult to respond quickly and appropriately to a customer.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:12 PM   #11
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

Actually I do not mind the time - I do get a new reader in the end...
What I dislike is the lack of communication. No professional entity should neglect the impact of communication, be it positive or negative...

cheers,

kaas
Old 07-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #12
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Actually I do not mind the time - I do get a new reader in the end...
What I dislike is the lack of communication. No professional entity should neglect the impact of communication, be it positive or negative...

cheers,

kaas
I agree. I think I nagged them three times about the Cybook I sent in for repair six weeks ago before I got a reply, and there were a few more nags about my request to upgrade it. If they had answered the first email from me to say it had arrived and they'd do what they can it would have saved them the time it took to read (and ignore) the rest of my emails because I wouldn't have had to nag.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 04:57 AM   #13
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

Just talked to a Bookeen representative and he told me that they are about to receive the new Cybooks Gen3 today and send out the replacement asap...

cheers,
kaas
Old 08-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #14
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Just talked to a Bookeen representative and he told me that they are about to receive the new Cybooks Gen3 today and send out the replacement asap...

cheers,
kaas
Thanks, Kaas. Please let us know when yours arrives.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:38 AM   #15
djryan
djryan began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook 3
Unhappy

Unfortunately I'm having the opposite problem. Everything was fine before I sent my book off. One reply first thing on the Monday after I reported my problem asking to take a photo. I did this, got an RMA number and sent my Cybook off to be mended. My tracking code said the parcel was delivered on Friday, but I've still got no response from Bookeen despite asking them to say it's there.

I'm hoping it's not lost somewhere in Paris.
djryan is offline   Reply With Quote