Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Have new OPUS...FB2 ...does it work?

Hi,

Back into the Cybook fold. Just got a new OPUS due to my PB360 breaking down on me... Trying to use FB2 but to no avail..have the 2.1 fw update and have had success with html, txt, ebpub, pdf, and ...still trying to figure how to use fb2 any hints?

Ta...
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:26 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Convert it to one of the supported formats
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
According to bookeen's website, F2b is supported with firmware 2.1.
What happens you don't see the files at all ?

I'll see if I can find a f2b files somewhere to test.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:57 AM   #4
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Convert it to one of the supported formats
WELL aware of the supported formats.... The website says it supports it... The library shows the fb2 format however when I open it only has a link to table and it lists the page numbers. When I try to advance to the next page it crashes and goes back to the library..

I was just hoping for fb2...I like the format..
Old 02-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
WELL aware of the supported formats.... The website says it supports it... The library shows the fb2 format however when I open it only has a link to table and it lists the page numbers. When I try to advance to the next page it crashes and goes back to the library..

I was just hoping for fb2...I like the format..
I tried a Fb2, that one :
http://manybooks.net/titles/biggerse...the_Lines.html
Your particular fb2 seams to have a problem.
Try installing fbreader on you PC see if fb reader can read it.
You could also try a fb2 to fb2 conversion in calibre.
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
According to bookeen's website, F2b is supported with firmware 2.1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
WELL aware of the supported formats.... The website says it supports it...
Oops, sorry, I guess I either missed it when it was added or have a short-term memory
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:45 PM   #7
hidari
MR Drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
I tried a Fb2, that one :
http://manybooks.net/titles/biggerse...the_Lines.html
Your particular fb2 seams to have a problem.
Try installing fbreader on you PC see if fb reader can read it.
You could also try a fb2 to fb2 conversion in calibre.
Ta, got Fb2 to work.....but seems to be second to epub on the OPUS. Any sign on a FB2....Cool Reader type of program for FB2 on the OPUS? Will have to check the Russian sites...
Old 02-06-2011, 07:26 AM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard

Quote:
Ta, got Fb2 to work.....but seems to be second to epub on the OPUS.
What do you mean, is there some function missing ?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:06 PM   #9
hidari
MR Drone

for the PB360 and Hanlin V5 you can do a lot of options in changing the layout and design of the text, spacing, fonts, etc....
Old 02-08-2011, 04:21 AM   #10
EowynCarter
Wizard

Oh I see.
Maybe you could try and ask bookeen. Though I guess they would have other priorities.