Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-16-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
jimartin
jimartin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Looking for new eReader. Thinking about PRS-650 and PB 602

Hello All,

I am looking to buy an eReader. As I said in the title I am going for PRS 650 or PB 602. I have read a lot of review for them.
They are my primary choice because:
1) I need good PDF handling
2) Portability
3) E-Ink. No LCD (got eyes problem)

In my country PocketBook are cheaper than Sony eReaders (50$ beetwen this two)

For which one should I go?
Any other suggestions ?

Thanks in advice!
jimartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
If you're looking for reading books not only in English, than any PocketBook device would suite you - they handle almost all languages, including tricky signs and symbols.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2011, 02:27 AM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
I would go for the 650 as better display, better touchscreen, better pdf support.

Unfortunately it's more expensive than the PB devices.

Pocketbook may get more firmware updates but they also have a lot of bugs to fix. Having bought the PB903 recently i'm disappointed 'cause of lots of bugs, bad documentation. Promises and rumors about features had been made before but most of them aren't reality. PB needs a lot more firmware updates; checkout other threads about PB devices.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:50 AM   #4
goodereader
Banned
goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.goodereader got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Many, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Pocketbook, Sony etc.
Its a toss up, the sony has full touch screen support, with a stylus and allows you to take notes and draw pictures! The page turns are faster then PB as well. PB has a better community and better support though.

Its a hard buy, I would say the Pearl screens used in Sony res out allot better, and the SC version is damn sexy.
goodereader is offline   Reply With Quote