Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Battery life

How many days on average do you get per charge on your boox?

I usually only get 4-5 days, with wi-fi off. Even with the latest firmware I still can't reach a week.
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #2
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
I did a test with having the Boox on standby with Wifi switched off, and only once a day looking at the battery status. It lasted 7 days on one charge. So if you are reading it supposedly will be less. I don't think you will ever get at 7000 page turns unless you are very fast.
pietvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If you want the battery to last longer, just shut the machine down rather than leaving it in "Standby". I typically use my Neo for 2h a day, and shut it down after I've finished reading. I only charge it once a week, and the battery meter has normally only lost one or two bars at that time, so it would probably last a month between charges at that level of usage.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:27 AM   #4
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
So why do you charge it every week?
Is it supposed to be better for the battery?
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:33 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Tango View Post
So why do you charge it every week?
Is it supposed to be better for the battery?
Simply because I proof-read the eBooks I've created all week, and every Sunday I incorporate all the errors I've marked into the text and create a new version of the book. During that process I have my Neo connected to my PC, which recharges it.
Advert
Old 03-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #6
MeReader
MeReader began at the beginning.

Device: none
Battery Life

Hi,
I posted this question in a non-battery thread and it has no attention.
Anyway, is a replacement battery available, or is this ebook dead when the battery cannot hold a charge anymore?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
MeReader
MeReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The battery is user-replaceable. Simply remove the white plastic cover at the top (it slides upwards), undo two screws, and the metal part of the cover comes off to reveal the battery.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:45 AM   #8
Delta Tango
Groupie
Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Delta Tango can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Simply because I proof-read the eBooks I've created all week, and every Sunday I incorporate all the errors I've marked into the text and create a new version of the book. During that process I have my Neo connected to my PC, which recharges it.
Thanks for reply.
I thought you had some battery related reason.
Delta Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
MeReader

Battery Life

Hi,

Where do I buy a replacement battery? -

MeReader
Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeReader View Post
Hi,

Where do I buy a replacement battery? -

MeReader
It looks like a pretty standard battery. I'd imagine Onyx would sell you one. But you needn't worry about that for a couple of years at least!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #11
MeReader

Thanks Harry.
I had a bad experience with a Laptop vendor, who did not make any replacement batteries available. - After advertising a higher capacity battery at a later date.
Now I look for replacement battery available feature before buying portable electronics.

Regards.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:32 AM   #12
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Wait, the battery drains while on stand-by? Even with the wifi turned off? I just did 4 months with one charge (was at around 50% when I decided to charge it) on my Mini, and I never turned it off...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:55 AM   #13
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it isBrandobras knows what time it is

Device: Onyx T68
hello,
I agree with Harry. I've noticed that the battery lasts more if you switch off the boox. if I leave it in standby it usually reaches about 5 days; if I switch off it lasts 7 days or more...

Best regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:19 AM   #14
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Has anyone tested how long the battery lasts on one charge when browsing non-graphics-intensive web pages? I'm quite interested in knowing this, thanks.
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Wait, the battery drains while on stand-by? Even with the wifi turned off?
Yes. That's why there's a "shut down". It boots so quickly that it's really not a problem.