Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #46
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No problems with any overlapping that must have been fixed but I use the paid version. I use Calibre Companion with it and it works great!
Okay, off to get. Decided I'd rather fork out the $4.99 than reconvert more books
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 08:07 PM   #47
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, I played around with it some, and it seems like a really nice app, but decided to uninstall Moon+. I will just use the free FB reader for the books which don't render well on Mantano.

Last edited by library addict; 02-02-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Advert
Old 02-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #48
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
I have to admit that GB is my shameless wallpaper weakness. I know her history's not terribly strong, but I *love* those beta heroes of hers.

I'm trying to remember which character Jane was talking about. The only illegitimate offspring I can think of that has something that's normally inherited was given an Earldom that had reverted back to the crown because the Earl had died without a surviving heir. There wasn't anyone from other branches of that family that qualified, and the hero that was given the title earned it because of his superior wartime service.
Spoiler:
Well, at first guess it was Devlin's book (The Soldier), since he was 1) given the earldom despite his illegitmacy at his parents' request to the crown (although it was stated it was because of service during the way) and 2) he also "inherits" the illegitimate daughter of the previous earl...and his earldom just happened to be written in such a way that Winnie could be the one to inherit the title. LATER EDIT: I saw in the book today that actually, if he has a (natural) son, that son will inherit. If he doesn't, Winnie's first-born son will inherit. That's even weirder than I originally thought.

Then you have Maggie's book where she and Vim decide to adopt the abandoned baby - who was the child of a housemaid and a footman.

Then there was Douglas' book - he married Victor's first wife who'd been living in hiding and believed herself to have been duped (so everyone who assume her child was illegitimate).

I could have sworn there's another one, but I can't remember for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceschick View Post
And I can't stand paranormals because those strong and independent heroines to me are often written as TSTL or mega-bitchy. To each their own, then?
I like paranormals, but I have to not read too many in a row for that reason. Although...I just listened to a couple of historical romance audiobooks that got on my nerves. The first book's heroine was a shrew. Sometimes I wonder if I would enjoy books like that more if I'd just read them - I don't always expect the same "intonation" for thing said in the book as the one the narrator goes with.

Last edited by FizzyWater; 02-03-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: more info
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:50 PM   #49
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
I've waded through to figure which are full length and which are novellas. Here are all the full length $0.99 deals, many are pre-orders.
Thanks!!! & Thanks to Blue2u too!

Also, here are some additional links to $0.99 sales & pre-orders for other full length Entangled Imprints:

(1) Entangled Ignite (full length Romantic Suspense)-----3 Books

(2) Entangled Covet (full length Paranormal Romance)-----2 Books

(3) Entangled Scandalous (full length Historical Romance)-----3 Books

(4) Entangled Edge (Longer Novels - Various Genres including Science Fiction Romance, Paranormal, etc.)-----3 Books

(5) Entangled Embrace - full length New Adult Romance-----2 Books

(6) Entangled Bliss - full length Sweet Romance-----2 Books

Previously mentioned by Apesmom:

(7) Entangled Brazen - full length Sexy/Steamy Contemporary Romance-----13 Books

(8) Entangled Indulgence - full length Contemporary Romance-----18 Books

And, here's a general link to all Entangled titles priced at $0.99 (including the novellas and shorts):

(9) Entangled @ $0.00 - $0.99-----~92 Titles

***I figured since I spent the time sifting through all this I might as well post the links too!

Last edited by kg3; 02-02-2014 at 09:54 PM.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #50
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

The 'Tis the Season titles (Entangled Indulgence) are not full length. They are novellas (originally from Baby It's Cold Outside anthology).

Apparently Entangled will now be offering their new releases for 99¢ the first two weeks (see their blog)
Advert
Old 02-03-2014, 01:10 AM   #51
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Apparently Entangled will now be offering their new releases for 99¢ the first two weeks (see their blog)
Uh oh!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 01:46 AM   #52
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
This could prove problematic. LOL!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:46 AM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
This could prove problematic. LOL!
True but a great marketing strategy.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:54 AM   #54
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay now the Superbowl is over people check in!

I bought 5 books last week so not too bad seeing two were 99 cents bundles.

I Read:

Outlaw's Bride by Maureen McKade (4.5) This is a historical western that has everything a western romance should have. I bought the paperback years ago but saw it on my local library so I was able to read it as a ebook. I am going to read Winter Hearts next of hers. I really enjoy this author's writing.

I am Reading:

Welcome To Last Chance by Hope Ramsey: So far I am really enjoying this book. I wouldn't call it heavy on romance and so far it's fade to black. Clay would be a beta IMO but his brother is definitely alpha so I can't wait to read his story. I can take a beta hero now and then but have to follow it up with an alpha hero.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Books-Fed-2014-week1.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	118664  
Old 02-03-2014, 06:04 AM   #55
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Just when I thought I had a hope for self-control then comes along the Entangled sale I've held off (mostly) for now...

I'm not going to say this was a good or bad week for me...it is what is apparently a normal week for me. But my average is $1.98, so there is that...

Purchases:

Name:	02.01.14.JPG
Views:	270
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	118669

Read (only one stinker!):

Name:	read_02.01.14.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	118670
I really wish calibre (and GR) let use half stars. Wild Hyacinthe was really a 3.5 stars for me. 3 stars is a 'meh' book for me. And 4 stars is 'I really really liked it'. Wild Hyacinthe was more that 'meh' but not quite 2 reallys either. Can't quite put my finger on why but 3.5 stars it is, I guess.

I have a feeling next week's purchases pic will be filled with those odd monochromatic Entangled covers...
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:11 AM   #56
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
Just when I thought I had a hope for self-control then comes along the Entangled sale I've held off (mostly) for now...

I'm not going to say this was a good or bad week for me...it is what is apparently a normal week for me. But my average is $1.98, so there is that...
So what did you think of Rock Chick? The first book is so funny and I love it! The series goes from Cozy Romance mystery to just Romantic Suspense later but India and Lee will always be one of my favorite couples. I also loved Vance and Jules and Sadie and Mason. The other were Meh and I am having the hardest time with Ally and Ren's book I may never finish it but I gotta. I use to love Ally till I learned what she thinks like now I can't stand her. She's comes off trashy and just stupid.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:22 AM   #57
laurla
Addict
laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laurla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pw
Quote:
So what did you think of Rock Chick? The first book is so funny and I love it! The series goes from Cozy Romance mystery to just Romantic Suspense later but India and Lee will always be one of my favorite couples. I also loved Vance and Jules and Sadie and Mason. The other were Meh and I am having the hardest time with Ally and Ren's book I may never finish it but I gotta. I use to love Ally till I learned what she thinks like now I can't stand her. She's comes off trashy and just stupid.
Rock Chick was great... I'm anxious to move on in the series. I usually swallow series like this whole and then have a hard time remembering them separately down the road. But since I've been doing challenges on GR I'm finding that I can't necessarily read one book right after another so I'm actually able to kind of savor each one a little. So, the next one might be a month or so down the line - I'm okay with that because I did love India and Lee and now I can savor them a bit.

One thing that surprised me, I think because I've read one too many NAs (), is that I missed reading from the H's POV. KA wrote Lee transparent enough that you got what he was thinking and doing, so I can't say that I think it should have been there or the book would have been better for it, I just noticed that it wasn't there. More I think about it, I'm glad she wrote it the way she did. It kept the focus on the h and her strength of character. Does she keep it this way throughout the series?
laurla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:40 AM   #58
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurla View Post
Rock Chick was great... I'm anxious to move on in the series. I usually swallow series like this whole and then have a hard time remembering them separately down the road. But since I've been doing challenges on GR I'm finding that I can't necessarily read one book right after another so I'm actually able to kind of savor each one a little. So, the next one might be a month or so down the line - I'm okay with that because I did love India and Lee and now I can savor them a bit.

One thing that surprised me, I think because I've read one too many NAs (), is that I missed reading from the H's POV. KA wrote Lee transparent enough that you got what he was thinking and doing, so I can't say that I think it should have been there or the book would have been better for it, I just noticed that it wasn't there. More I think about it, I'm glad she wrote it the way she did. It kept the focus on the h and her strength of character. Does she keep it this way throughout the series?
Yes and no later down the line she switches from person to person like in Vances book at the end there is like 5 different POV and from that book and she does this whenever she feels like it. She even has switch to third person a few times. I've learned with KA you never know! My first experience with first person was Plum and I love it but yeah I am growing tired of First Person lately. First Person can be done very well or very bad. I really don't care for books that switch POV in First person though. That drives me crazy. Leave me some mystery or just write in Third Person.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #59
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:

Now THAT is how to celebrate! Take a note Harlequin.
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #60
Keslynn
Plausible Deniability
Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keslynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Two books comes to mind Tiger's Eye by Karen Robards. The hero is London's crime overlord and is not at all a secret nobility. The rescue by Suzanne Robinson. The Hero is a thief who worked his way out of the gutter. I love these books and wish I could find more like them!
Thanks! I'll have to check those out.

I'm also a big fan of Moon+ Reader on my Nook HD.
Keslynn is offline   Reply With Quote