Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-12-2008, 01:57 AM   #61
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
And Harry, I believe the analogy of comparing eBooks to Pizza is bit of a red herring. Ill actually compare it to the difference between buying a VHS tape / DVD and going to the Movies, where watching the Movie in the theatre is like the Pizza, a one time experience while Getting the DVD is getting a physical object and having the right to watch it when ever I want, or if I wished to giving it away. And As long as I Physically have it, I can still use it. Even if the company that made it goes out of business, i'm not going to lose the ability to use it.

For me ebooks are the equivalent of my DVD / Tapes (many of which I still watch after 20 years) and I still want to be able to access them in the future.
Well, then the solution is to save backup copies of your books burn them to CD/DVD's periodically. Unless your device completely locks you of access to the files themselves you can do this...now, if the company goes tits up and the reader croaks that is a whole other can-o-worms...then again that is why we have kovid and "others" around, to solve such scenarios for us illiteratti...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote