Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #1
Font
Connoisseur
Font began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wired Broadband

Please tell me if Amazon.com eReaders are able to be connected to wired broadband?
Font is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I doubt it. As far as I know the USB connection is for syncing and charging only. I doubt it supports network connection.
Advert
Old 09-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Font View Post
Please tell me if Amazon.com eReaders are able to be connected to wired broadband?
Well, okay. Kindle ereaders are able to be connected to wired broadband. I don't understand why you wanted me to tell you that but, there, I did. Of course, you can't.

I have ADSL. My ISP gave me, free of charge, a wireless modem/router It works fine with my Kindle.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Font View Post
No. But the addition of a simple, inexpensive, WiFi router or access point gives you full access to 3rd generation or later Kindles.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote