Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
MajC
MajC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Conversion Issues - PDF/Word to Mobi/ePub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralob View Post
This thread is for people to post their CSS custom stylesheets for the Calibre eBook Viewer. I know that not everyone is familiar with CSS, so I hope that if anyone needs assistance in making their eBooks display properly, they will find something useful in here.
Ralob,

I am having trouble getting my e books to convert exactly how they appear in the original pdf file format. Any suggestions? Any tools out there to help me convert pdf/Word files to MOBI/e pub format? I publish mainly books in 6" x 9" and 5.5" x 8.5", 12 font, Times New Roman. One issue that is problematic is on special pages, like the title, and table of contents pages, that have various special characters, spacing etc.

Will appreciate any help or suggestions.
MajC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:27 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajC View Post
Any tools out there to help me convert pdf/Word files to MOBI/e pub format?
For Doc conversions save the Doc as html (filtered) then add to calibre and convert. For batch Doc conversions check out this thread. For PDF conversions read this sticky post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert