Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 04:11 AM   #1
Tibs
Tibs is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle3, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Thank you for the PDF conversion mechanism

I finally had occasion to convert PDF to MOBI the other day.

I thought at first it would be difficult, and indeed the default conversion wasn't much good (as the documentation predicts, of course). But a few minutes with the help pages, and a little while to find where the relevant parameter for PDF unfolding was located, and I had a basic conversion.

Then I learnt how to remove headers/footers. I'm lucky in understanding regular expressions, but the "test" mechanism, where you can actually try them out against the intermediate HTML is what makes it all possible.

So, thanks very much. I've now got several books I can easily read on my Cybook, without more than a few minutes work.
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert