Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #16
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
I don't think that's what Karel said. He said they tried putting a Vizplex screen on an iLiad (I'm assuming an internal development model in order to do testing) and that there wasn't much of a difference. As far as I know, the iLiad has never been sold with a vizplex screen.
Actually his quote from the other thread was:

"Since Q2 we implemented the Vizplex material into our 8.1-inch display, but the improvements are only very minor."

I'm definitely seeing a difference in refresh speeds, but again it's not overwhelming and would not make me choose one over the other. I have it loaded up identically to the v2 so there shouldn't be any difference due to other factors unless 2.12.1 software has some other minor tweaks besides the wireless connection stuff.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #17
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Hopefully he'll reply to the other thread and clarify what he meant.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #18
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
Bingo, the 2.12.1 versions of ipdf works just fine on the book edition. Thanks for making those changes. I may actually decide to keep this thing now!
One thing has just occurred to me. This installer package over-writes the iRex version of ipdf. I have included the iRex version in the bundle so you can put it back, but that is the 2.12 version. It is possible there are no changes for the Book Edition, but if anyone else out there has the BE could you take a look at the file size to see if it is the same as the one that came with 2.12?
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote