Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
gpsnitie
gpsnitie began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
Question Which E-Book reader is best for reading and making notes??

Hello people,
I want to own an e-ink device for reading and taking notes that is scribbling options.After a lot research I found ONYX BOOX M92.Is this the best??

Should I wait for better versions say upcoming Sony 13.3 or Other ONYX devices or go for ONYX BOOX M92(which ever is best in market??).

(Affordability is not an issue as long as it is $600 or less).

Please Help!!!
gpsnitie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Sony might be nice, but it will probably be rather expensive

M92 is good. It has weak points, but firmware is being improved and bugs removed. Booxstor said there is a plan to update M92 hardware a bit and use the screen with more pixels.

If you are Linux person than it might be handy for you that one of users is in quite succesful process of implementing Onbutu. It already runs on M92.

Beside M92 and Sony you might have a look at PocketBook. It used to be worse than M92 1.5 years ago, but maybe now it might be comparable, I do not know.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #3
onyxforever
onyxforever began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 white, Trekstor Pyrus Mini black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
M92 is good. It has weak points, but firmware is being improved and bugs removed. Booxstor said there is a plan to update M92 hardware a bit and use the screen with more pixels.
Hello,

I am a happy owner of Onyx M92, I hope to improve the device soon.
If there will be a good update of M92 I could buy another white one.
I also hope that Onyx make a larger device.

I would suggest to Booxstor also to improve the physical buttons on the device, these buttons should be more robust and durable.
The case of Onyx M92 should be a little more robust...

I do not know if it is the correct post for this tip.
Sorry if I was wrong and for my bad English.

Thank you, greetings.
onyxforever is offline   Reply With Quote