Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-19-2013, 03:06 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Reading PDF and right margin.

Hi

I like PDF display as long as they have a six inch format. On my Glo (still using reactionnary 2.5.1 firmware) the PDF display is good as long as you don't try to zoom.

But.... The right margin is really too wide, much more than the left one.. When you read a book with this kind of unbalanced display, you can't help tilting your head aside... It's really disturbing and spoils the reading of a fine book (who cares for the bad ones?).

I could produce PDF with no right-margin at all, to try to balance them, but that would mean to produce PDF for Kobo only... I noticed this with books of 9x12cm format. On my former six-inch Sony (PRS-505), I never had this problem with PDF of the exact same size.

Is there a setting somewhere to correct this faulty display? What's the reason of this?

The other glitch is trying to read an endnote. I stopped trying this on my Glo. It's hopeless if the Endnoteanchor are less than half a centimeter long.

Last edited by roger64; 06-19-2013 at 03:25 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote