Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-20-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
Kikkin
Kikkin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Headings appears as links

I have managed to create an EPUB that validates. My starting point was a Word document i saved as filtered HTML and then cleaned up some code manually in Sigil. I moved the styles into a seperate CSS.

In addition to the Sigil generated TOC, i also would like to keep the inline TOC i generated in Word.

The problem is that when i view the finished ebook in Adobe Digital Editions, the headings appears as links. It also seems like (probably due to a Word error) the anchors to the inline TOC are somehow duplicated several times. Example:

Code:
<h1 id="heading_id_5"><a id="_Toc320743655"></a><a id="_Toc324320160"></a><a id="_Toc323988998"><span xml:lang="EN-GB">Leseranmeldelser</span></a></h1>
I guess the only solution to the dublicated id's is to correct this manually, to find which of the Toc-id's that is actually in use and delete the others.

But how can i define that the headings (anchors) should not be desplayed as links?
Kikkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Kikkin

Thumbs up

I found a possible solution in this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/arc.../t-166994.html

Any additional comments?
Old 05-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
mncowboy
Wanderer
mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mncowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, PaperWhite 2
Check your css file to see if there is an entry for the a element - that is all I can think of that could be styling the heading as a link. Or possibly an h1 a combination.

Are there other links in the book that refer to a chapter? When you match the toc number in the heading to the number in the inline Table of Contents, do a search on the other numbers to see if there is an href statement somewhere else in the book that matches that number.
I have seen this before in a couple books I've done - ended up with multiple ids in a header. Sorry, I can't remember what I did to end up with it though!
Bob
mncowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
IMHO delete all the <a ... </a> stuff (except the <Span> pair and, and contents).
and adjust the value after the # in the Inline TOC to be the id=value in the H1 tag

If each chapter is a separate file (the H1 tag at top, you need not bother with the # update in the TOC. Simply remove that part. The default is: TOF (top of file)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
Kikkin

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
IMHO delete all the <a ... </a> stuff (except the <Span> pair and, and contents).
and adjust the value after the # in the Inline TOC to be the id=value in the H1 tag.
You are right, this will do the trick.

Old 05-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikkin View Post
Any additional comments?
Wrong forum. Your issue has nothing to do with Sigil. Look for a ciorrect subforum, i'm tired of showing this always. Its not far away.
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by huebi View Post
Wrong forum. Your issue has nothing to do with Sigil. Look for a ciorrect subforum, i'm tired of showing this always. Its not far away.
The person is in the right place in that they were trying to get a Sigil TOC to still be compatible with a inline TOC by editing the header.

Sigil requires certain steps (<h tags and possibly the optional, title= ) that are NOT required by the EPUB spec.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
unrulyguides
unrulyguides began at the beginning.

The reason for the Chapter appearing as a link is because the heading is nested in the anchor tag: ie/ <a id...>Chapter</a>

You only need one id for the heading tags, and it can be inserted in the H1 tag:

<h1 id="chapter1>Chapter1</h1>

then you can make your inline and TOC.NCX (Sigil) using the ids.

Makes it a lot cleaner. Unfortunately, you have to manually clean up and remove the excess anchor tags in your file in SIgil or start again from your original Manuscript.

If you were in Word, by creating the TOC using bookmarks, this is the result in Sigil.

Suzanne Fyhrie Parrott
UnrulyGuides.com
unrulyguides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:50 AM   #9
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The person is in the right place in that they were trying to get a Sigil TOC to still be compatible with a inline TOC by editing the header.

Sigil requires certain steps (<h tags and possibly the optional, title= ) that are NOT required by the EPUB spec.
Sorry to have another opinion, but to recognize why headers are links is not related to SIGIL.

Well i guess i do need to cancel my account here sick of that discussion. WHy not making a forum for all questions?
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #10
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by huebi View Post
Sorry to have another opinion, but to recognize why headers are links is not related to SIGIL.
AFAIK, "theducks" is a moderator and seems to be much more relaxed about what is and what isn't Sigil related. You may want to read this slightly off-topic yet relevant article.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote