Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-03-2007, 08:44 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Any anomalies when correctly removing/inserting an SD card?

I ask this question, because I might have had a soft reset when I first bought my Reader. I have a 1-gig SD card with close to 200 novels on it. I seem to recall that when I removed it once and then inserted it back in, that quite a number of books went through a reformatting stage when I changed the font size.

I might be wrong; I can't remember exactly.

But I do know this: I've had two spontaneous and an unexpected soft resets occur.

And on another topic: I just bought a 2-gig SD card for $17.00 and another 1-gig card for $10.00. I was thinking about transferring all books from the earlier purchased card and moving them onto the 2-gig so that I would have a lot more room for Old Time Radio shows (OTR).

If I do this, I know that I'll need to transfer them over using the Connect software or everything may go through a formatting cycle.

Anyone here have thoughts or experiences with what I'm talking about?

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:26 AM   #2
stxopher
Nameless Being

I've had it do the soft resetting just switching cards. Not often considering the amount the cards get moved (say it happens about every 75 switches). It just seems to be a random occurrence since it doesn't matter if data has been moved on to or off of the cards themselves.

It's never done it while it was charging though. Go figure.
Advert
Old 03-03-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The Reader can certainly "throw a wobbler" if you remove the memory card while it's switched off (which you'd think would be the sensible time to do it, but it's not!). As long as you take the card out and put it back in with the Reader switched on, there shouldn't be any issues.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Let me understand this....

You're saying that the Reader should be ON when removing and EXCHANGING different cards? It should always be on?

Thanks,
Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Seems strange, doesn't it? But yes, it should be on.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2007, 06:01 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib
You're saying that the Reader should be ON when removing and EXCHANGING different cards? It should always be on?

Thanks,
Don
Yep. Strange, but true . If you take the memory card out and put it back in when the Reader's switched off, more often than not it'll completely "hang up" when you next turn it on, and will require a soft reset to bring it back to life.

I discovered this the hard way, naturally .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:49 PM   #7
taralon
Enthusiast
taralon has learned how to buy an e-book online

I've noticed that since the flash upgrade my reader is taking an inordinate amount of time to sync the card up after tranferring new files to it using the connect software. What used to be a 30-40 second wait is now a 5-10 minute wait. It just sits there with the little revolving arrows doing nothing. If I leave it sit, it will eventually refresh, but only after a minimum of 5 minutes. If I power it off or do something else to it during that time it seems to reset the whole wait.
taralon is offline   Reply With Quote