Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 06:11 AM   #1
ubit
ubit began at the beginning.

Device: Think about Thalia Oyo
Choosing Folder

Hi,

i cannot found a place in calibre to specify where my eBooks should be stored. I have a small network-configuration at home with a central storage server (ubuntu-server) and other computers (windows). I would like to store the ebooks on the server (e.g. a network-drive) so that i can access them from any computer.
Any idea?
If not: This is a feature-request *g*

Ciao, Udo
ubit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you want to start from scratch then you can rerun the welcome wizard.

Probably more appropriate for you is to click on the Library button on the main tollbar and from the options displayed either move/copy your current library or create a new one.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubit View Post
Hi,

i cannot found a place in calibre to specify where my eBooks should be stored. I have a small network-configuration at home with a central storage server (ubuntu-server) and other computers (windows). I would like to store the ebooks on the server (e.g. a network-drive) so that i can access them from any computer.
Any idea?
If not: This is a feature-request *g*

Ciao, Udo
Have you "mapped" the drive?

Run the welcome wizard or switch libraries.

Also 2 points:
1)Calibre is Single use program (only 1 user attached to the data at a time)
2) Windows and Unix workstations do not behave quite the same in file handling . Issues can arise bouncing between them, even if rule 1 is observed. (The server does not count, as long as it is just a Server and not the W/S)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:54 AM   #4
ubit

Hi,
i do not plan to use calibre from more than on computer at the same time. Also i use only the windows version.
I now executed the setup-wizard again and - to my surprise - after specifying a new folder calibre moves the books to the new location instead of creating a new empty library. Really nice. Thanks.

BTW: On Thursday the Thalia Oyo eReader should be available in germany. I hope that calibe supports it soon *g*

Ciao, Udo
Old 10-26-2010, 06:29 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubit View Post
BTW: On Thursday the Thalia Oyo eReader should be available in germany. I hope that calibe supports it soon *g*
FYI once you get the reader follow these directions to get it supported.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2010, 05:37 AM   #6
ubit

I now have an Oyo and Calibre supports it out of the box. Fine.

Ciao, Udo