Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 10-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
PC emulator for Rocket edition (.rb) files for the Nuvomedia Rocket eBook reader

From another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
A odd source of a good dictionary (Random House Dictionary) is a freely-distributable program called eRocket.exe (or ertkdinstall.exe) available at ERocket | Home Download | PC World.

This is a PC emulator for Rocket edition (.rb) files first made available for the Nuvomedia Rocket eBook reader. Now, after you install this emulator (usually to C:\Program Files\NuvoMedia\) you will find the dictionary in the C:\Program Files\NuvoMedia\eRocket\RocketEditions directory called rhd.rb.

Now sourceforge hosts the rbmake project which includes a rbburst.exe program that will take a .rb file and explode it into its .html component parts.

That .html is your stating point for a nice compact dictionary (with approx. 19,300 word entries) for your own personal use! There's no table of contents, but adding a two-level one as suggested by VR is a great excercise left to the reader (not hardware one ).

Good luck!

p.s. I include that .html in the zip here to give you a head start; just say you got it from installing the above eRocket software.
In summary,

Last edited by nrapallo; 10-24-2008 at 11:34 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote