Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-14-2008, 11:25 PM   #1
sputnik
Enthusiast
sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: EB 1150, iLiad
Iliad won't open some PDFs

The bar at the bottom shows activity, so does the green led, but after some seconds the screen flashes and instead of opening the file, it continues to display the list of files. I tried putting other pdf's, and they open.

Anyone had this problem? Why some pdfs won't open? Is there a solution?

EDIT: I reprinted/refried the pdf that wouldn't open as a pdf file (I "refried" the pdf). During this process, Acrobat gave me an error saying that some font could not be found and the document might not display correctly. The pdf was created, and then I put it on the USB stick and the iLiad did open it. So I think that the problem might have been the font contained by the original pdf. Anyone can confirm this??

Last edited by sputnik; 07-14-2008 at 11:54 PM.
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:38 PM   #2
sharpshin
sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Iliad V2
The normal response to any kind of error in reading a PDF is to bail back to the ContentLister. If you are adventurous and linux-knowledgable you can SSH to the Iliad and turn on syslogging which sometimes will give you an error diagnostic. I've had insufficient memory errors for very complex PDFs.
sharpshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert