Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-02-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Kids say the darndest things...

I speculate the demographic of this forum puts most of us at "child-bearing" age. This thread, inspired by a recent recollection, is for posting some of the most hilarious or profound things your own kids have said.

I offer this smattering from my own kids.

"Dad, there's golf balls the size of hell outside!"

In reply to repeated statements that his shoes were on the wrong feet, my son, completely exasperated, asked, "Well whose feet are they supposed to be on?!".

This same son at about three years of age asked me the most perplexing question I've ever pondered, more profound even then the so-called "Universal Question". With the most serious and sober expression I've ever seen, he leaned toward me from his high chair, and without taking his eyes off the subject of his dilemma, stage whispered, "Dad... is that a real clown, or just a man dressed like a clown?"
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 08:57 AM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i have no children of my own, and i'd rather not repeat most of the things the cat says, however a friend of mine has a son who is now about 3. when he was just starting to learn his letters, one day he spelled out "chouette" (it means "owl" and is used in slang to mean "nice" or "good") : C, H, O, U, E, T, T, E.

very good, his mother told him, that spells "chouette".
no, her son replied, it spells pigeon.

Since then, when we want to say "it's nice", instead of saying "c'est chouette" we say "c'est pigeon."
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2008, 09:20 AM   #3
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, ok... your own kids or "children of your acquaintance". More from my own file:

"Don't drink the water it's got ham in it." (Hint: con-tam-i-na-ted).

One child had the charming habit of picking up multisyllabic words and then using them randomly in conversation. When he described his dinner as "very sarcastic" once, I asked him if he knew what "sarcasm" was. He quickly answered, "well of course not". Of course not. Silly me.

For those of you who have become burned out on your endless Sudoku scribblings, here's a challenge: explain sarcasm to a young child. My attempt involved little Susie at the playground saying "Oh, I really like your shirt", but you knew she meant that she actually hated your shirt. Ah, the dawn of comprehension on a young boy's face!

Several days later, Mom was driving and someone cut her off. She honked and yelled, "Oh thanks a LOT!". From the back child's seat came the curious query, "Why'd you tell that car thanks?"

"I was just being sarcastic."

"Oh! I can't see his shirt from here."
Old 05-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
This one is in the "acquaintance" category, but it happened to my wife in a Bible class of three-year-olds she was not teaching the class, but helping -- we call it "riding herd" or being "muscle." They were talking about idols, and why they're bad (try explaining that to three-year-olds), and one of them leaned close to my wife and asked in all seriousness: "Do idols bite?"

This one happened to me while I was working at a youth camp during my college years. Junior High (11~13 years old) kids. There's a long lead up to it, but the short version is one of the little girls (11) got taken to the hospital for a cut in her scalp, and they put staples in instead of stitches.

She came up to me that evening and I asked her how she was doing, and she told me she was okay, but that they'd put staples in her scalp. Then she looked up at me (I'm 6'1" and she was about 4'6" so it was a long way up) and her face crumpled to the very brink of tears and she asks, just short of a wail of anguish: "What if they rust?"

I of course quickly reassured her that the the staples were made of stuff that wouldn't rust, and that it would be okay, and she was fine. The memory is still a touching one, even 15 years later.

Oh, dear. I just realized those "kids" are all probably grown up and married with kids of their own by now ... perhaps I need to sit down for a bit.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:08 AM   #5
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
am I the only recent eighteen year old here ?

ps:I hate litle kids,I honestly,fully and resolutely DO.
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #6
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Yes, this thread does have the danger of becoming unbearably touching.

My 2-year old nephew was asked who his favorite person was, and the answer was "Uncle T".

"Why?"

"He can turn me into an airplane."
Old 05-02-2008, 11:16 AM   #7
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobolover View Post
am I the only recent eighteen year old here ?

ps:I hate litle kids,I honestly,fully and resolutely DO.
May I suggest the FireFox browser to you, which has the neat feature of underlining in red misspelled words? Also, are you aware of the "Edit" feature of the forum, to correct errors in one's posts?

As a recent eighteen year old, you are no doubt pondering additional education. As a first step in your continuing education, then, I offer the following correction:

"Am I the only recent eighteen year old here?

PS: I hate little kids, I honestly, fully, and resolutely do."

On the other hand, I give you credit for correctly using adverbs, which are on the verge of going extinct in contemporary English.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:33 AM   #8
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Taylor-do you EVER stop ?(ALL CAPS-EMPHASIS)
Old 05-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Before this turns into mud-wrestling, please remember we have the ignore feature. I heard it works rather well.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:38 AM   #10
Lobolover
Gorosei

I am trying to engage in normal dialogue with him.And he can never do that,before geting bossy.If there's a problem,it's not cause of MY disinterest or lack of patience.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:49 AM   #11
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So put him on ignore: here's a link.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #12
Lobolover
Gorosei

I just ask him to not do that and everything will be okay.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist

Or you could put him on ignore and he could do it all day without you knowing a thing about it.

Honestly: I'd rather you each put the other on ignore so that we can have a little peace on the playground.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:06 PM   #14
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
Or you could just not wade into a thread that you have nothing to contribute to and muck it up with your stuff.
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #15
ProfJulie
Evangelist
ProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-booksProfJulie has learned how to read e-books

Device: whatever
I was walking down the street one day and saw a little girl, about 5, holding a hose over a car with water running all over the car. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was watering the car.

One day my dad remove the back of the television to fix a problem with it. My young brother of about 4 crowded in behind him. Exasperated, my dad said, "Jeff, What are you doing?" And my brother replied, "I want to see all the little people fall out."
ProfJulie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment