Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Lightbulb ssh&calibre : send documents through wireless to Kindle

is it possible to use calibre with a ssh connected kindle 3 so that send books through wireless in the library?
I currently use a virtual router technique (on windows 7) and ssh(WinSCP) to send/delete items on Kindle3.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128845
(virtual router : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128247 )

It would be better if I could use Calibre also....

(I'd just found a thread about this, but not much promising
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128011
(continuing to read)

any further advise? )

Last edited by thomass; 04-11-2011 at 04:19 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to proper forum.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 05:47 AM   #3
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

using "Connect to Folder" and "sftp://root@kindleIP/mnt/us/documents" looks promising, but not manage to work

Last edited by thomass; 04-12-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
using "Connect to Folder" and "sftp://root@kindleIP/mnt/us/documents" looks promising, but not manage to work
If you can map that as a drive on your machine then Connect to Folder should work.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
If you can map that as a drive on your machine then Connect to Folder should work.
Thanks.
using a software ExpanDrive I map it on a drive. And calibre accept it as a folder. However identifying the documents takes too long if I choose documents folder as main folder. Then will not use probably.
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
I created a GUI plugin for this purpose. You can find it in the GUI plugins section. Only basic functionality though. EDIT: Ah, I noticed that you replied in that thread already...

Last edited by janvanmaar; 04-12-2011 at 02:18 PM.
janvanmaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
using a software ExpanDrive I map it on a drive. And calibre accept it as a folder. However identifying the documents takes too long if I choose documents folder as main folder. Then will not use probably.
It should only be excessively slow the first time you connect to the folder. However if you find it too slow everytime you can go to the device interface plugin for Folders and try unchecking read metadata from files on device. This should speed things up.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:02 AM   #8
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvanmaar View Post
I created a GUI plugin for this purpose. You can find it in the GUI plugins section. Only basic functionality though. EDIT: Ah, I noticed that you replied in that thread already...
I installed it, not managed to use it. Any setting needed after installation?
edit: set the proper IP on settings page of the plugin
the rsync binary? should I install an external software?

Last edited by thomass; 04-13-2011 at 06:20 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:05 AM   #9
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
It should only be excessively slow the first time you connect to the folder. However if you find it too slow everytime you can go to the device interface plugin for Folders and try unchecking read metadata from files on device. This should speed things up.
I'd done what your said. But when I try to send a file I received an error:
Code:
 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 253, in dispatch
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1249, in books_uploaded
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 393, in add_books_to_metadata
  File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 307, in add_books_to_metadata
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'add_book'
Old 04-13-2011, 08:28 AM   #10
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
Quote:
I installed it, not managed to use it. Any setting needed after installation?
edit: set the proper IP on settings page of the plugin
the rsync binary? should I install an external software?
Indeed... as I have replied in the SSH plugin thread.
janvanmaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #11
thomass
Wizard

instead of direct communication, I've set a local folder as synchronized folder with kindle(double sided via WinSCP, also using "keep remote directory up to date" button possible ) . then use calibre with this folder. it turns out that this is much more efficient in terms of speed.

Last edited by thomass; 04-15-2011 at 10:37 AM.