Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-20-2016, 07:53 PM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Problem with higlighting, annotating and viewing dictionary

Sometimes when I tap and hold the screen to highlight, annotate or view dictionary definition of a word, the Kindle goes to the next page or previous page instead. It happens with both Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis. Sometimes I highlight the wrong word too. The problem is less pronounced if I use a rubber stylus pen but I don't want to carry around a stylus when using my Kindle.

Is there anyway to prevent this problem from happening?
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 12:10 AM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
Sometimes when I tap and hold the screen to highlight, annotate or view dictionary definition of a word, the Kindle goes to the next page or previous page instead. It happens with both Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Oasis. Sometimes I highlight the wrong word too. The problem is less pronounced if I use a rubber stylus pen but I don't want to carry around a stylus when using my Kindle.

Is there anyway to prevent this problem from happening?
You aren't by any chance a vampire? I believe the lack of capacitative properties in undead flesh can cause issues.

Apart from that, the only trick I can think of is to hold your finger in one place long enough before lifting or dragging (there is a subtle 'flash' that indicates it is in select/highlight mode). Otherwise, it 'looks like' a tap or swipe event, and it will turn the page, or bring up options (depending upon the location of the event).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote