Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Smile I love my new Vox

I got a beautifull black one on Saturday at Best Buy and I got a navy blue cover at Coles. After playing with it for 2 days I really love it, it does everything I was hoping it would do exept that I can't find a Kindle app and I really wanted to be able to read my Kindle books on it. I still use my Kobo WiFi on the subway commute to work but I love to use my Vox at home.
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:34 AM   #2
kikibay
Banned
kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone, Kobo Vox
i didn't know they have it in bestbuy, and ordered one online... yet im still waiting....
kikibay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Kikibay; this is Best Buy in CANADA,,, and from what we see you ordered it on SATURDAY night.

If you read the forums you will see Kobo is not able to meet the demand and has delayed orders.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Estelle, see if this works:

http://slideme.org/application/kindle
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, I will try it tonight
Old 10-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
I agree, despite minor issues i love this thing, just loaded my first free e-book onto it at it works great!
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:15 PM   #7
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Yeah, I am lovin' it too. There's a few things that don't work for me yet (You Tube, Netflix and more importantly, borrowed WMA audiobooks), but I am having a ball with the magazines and the interactive kids books. Sure beats having to spend $500 for an iPad to do that...plus it's a GREAT size and weight!!!

I am very eager to start using Pulse, but alas, since it's so new, I am the only one discussing some popular books at the mo!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
kikibay
Banned
kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.kikibay got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Kikibay; this is Best Buy in CANADA,,, and from what we see you ordered it on SATURDAY night.

If you read the forums you will see Kobo is not able to meet the demand and has delayed orders.
ok i got it, there's no need for capitalization on the word "Saturday"....
Old 11-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #9
estelle58
Cat lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46jimbo View Post
Estelle, see if this works:

http://slideme.org/application/kindle

Thank you, I downloaded it and it works
Old 11-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #10
GreatCanadian
Enthusiast
GreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beauty

@kikibay - On the contrary, I believe it was appropriate use of capitalization. In a previous post you stated "i didn't know they have it in bestbuy, and ordered one online... yet im still waiting...." the use of the word yet led me to assume that you had ordered it at some previous point where you should have received it by now. The capitalization of SATURDAY made me realize that I had erred in my assumption. You ordered on SATURDAY, and posted on MONDAY. And SUNDAY is a holiday. Not much time for shipping. One little word, yet it implies a lot!
GC

P.S.
I'm just being an a**h*** today. Too many hallowe'en candy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikibay View Post
ok i got it, there's no need for capitalization on the word "Saturday"....

Last edited by GreatCanadian; 11-01-2011 at 12:58 PM.
GreatCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #11
kikibay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatCanadian View Post
@kikibay - On the contrary, I believe it was appropriate use of capitalization. In a previous post you stated "i didn't know they have it in bestbuy, and ordered one online... yet im still waiting...." the use of the word yet led me to assume that you had ordered it at some previous point where you should have received it by now. The capitalization of SATURDAY made me realize that I had erred in my assumption. You ordered on SATURDAY, and posted on MONDAY. And SUNDAY is a holiday. Not much time for shipping. One little word, yet it implies a lot!
GC

P.S.
I'm just being an a**h*** today. Too many hallowe'en candy.
sugar rush and u r forgiven
Old 11-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #12
GreatCanadian
Enthusiast
GreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beautyGreatCanadian does all things with Zen-like beauty

LOL....thank you....i was intending to delete this post...it was very unkind of me. Thank you for your understanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikibay View Post
sugar rush and u r forgiven
GreatCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote