Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Find/Replace Adds New Styles?

For some reason, in addition to my normal find/replace woes involving HTML entities, using Find/Replace on all HTML pages seems to frequently add:

@page { margin-bottom: 5.000000pt; margin-top: 5.000000pt; }

to the <style> section at the top of the code.

Doing more replaces adds additional blank lines to the section until I have a huge empty space at the top of every page. HTML Tidy doesn't fix it (Tidy hasn't seemed to do much even when it's supposedly on since the new version hit.) What's up with that?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
First what version are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
For some reason, in addition to my normal find/replace woes involving HTML entities, using Find/Replace on all HTML pages seems to frequently add:

@page { margin-bottom: 5.000000pt; margin-top: 5.000000pt; }
Find and replace does not add the above, it was always there.

Quote:
Doing more replaces adds additional blank lines to the section until I have a huge empty space at the top of every page. HTML Tidy doesn't fix it (Tidy hasn't seemed to do much even when it's supposedly on since the new version hit.) What's up with that?
First Tidy works great, otherwise I would be able to replace a long string of paragraph and span items with a single <h2> item and have everything work.

I have noticed the blank lines too. I don't recall when, but it seems to me that the blank lines are an illusion, if you click in the code view everything should update and you will see your normal page.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Find and replace does not add the above, it was always there.
This part might be true; it could be some other program I'm using that insists on adding that string (Calibre could well be at fault).

Quote:
First Tidy works great, otherwise I would be able to replace a long string of paragraph and span items with a single <h2> item and have everything work.

I have noticed the blank lines too. I don't recall when, but it seems to me that the blank lines are an illusion, if you click in the code view everything should update and you will see your normal page.
But this part is not. The blank lines are definitely there and will not go away, not when I change views, or save, or anything except manually get rid of them. Frankly, in 0.4.2 I'm not certain that Tidy is doing anything at all. I have yet to notice it make a single change.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
This part might be true; it could be some other program I'm using that insists on adding that string (Calibre could well be at fault).
Calibre definitely does this.

Quote:
But this part is not. The blank lines are definitely there and will not go away, not when I change views, or save, or anything except manually get rid of them.
I'm curious, what happens if you save the epub, close the book and reopen it are the blank lines still there? I just know, that I used to see them and was concerned but now I either don't notice them or they aren't there any more.

I guess someone more knowledgeable will have to answer this.

Quote:
I'm not certain that Tidy is doing anything at all. I have yet to notice it make a single change.
If tidy wasn't doing anything when I replace <p> with <h2> I would have to change all of the backend tags and I definitely don't have to do that.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I have an @page in my stylesheet, but do not increase each page. I did find out that the iBooks program doesn't like the @page and act strange on it.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:01 AM   #6
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
I'm curious, what happens if you save the epub, close the book and reopen it are the blank lines still there? I just know, that I used to see them and was concerned but now I either don't notice them or they aren't there any more.
I've seen that behavior too and the blank lines are gone after saving and reopening the epub.

Quote:
If tidy wasn't doing anything when I replace <p> with <h2> I would have to change all of the backend tags and I definitely don't have to do that.
I do that a lot too, but have noticed that tidy usually adds a <br> tag before the closing <h2> tag. Not that it alters the format of the book.

Last edited by paulfiera; 10-03-2011 at 10:05 AM.
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote