Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Apple releases Safari 5.01, and Safari Extension Gallery

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/07/28safari.html
http://extensions.apple.com/

Any extensions you'd like to see? I wouldn't mind an ePub viewer built in to Safari.

Sadly, it doesn't look like Safari for iPad has these yet.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
I use Firefox on my PC, and have the ePub viewer plugin.... I seldom use it....well... okay, now that I have the iPad I never use it..... but it is nice to know it's there.....

Speaking of the iPad.... after having my iPad for four months... I now fire up my desktop every once in a while to be sure it still works.....
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #3
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
chrome on my all my computers and icab mobile on my iphone and ipad.. safari is too little too late in the browser game.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #4
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
chrome on my all my computers and icab mobile on my iphone and ipad.. safari is too little too late in the browser game.
Scott, I use Atomic on my iPad... what drew you to iCab? I am always on the lookout for a "better" browser..... thanks...
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
download ability. faster. i was a long term icab users on the mac. extensions (of a sort). i just liked the look and feel of it better. i wrote up a mini review on here somewhere i think..

i did use atomic.. paid the $1 for it.. later when icab mobile became available i sprung the $2 for it. atomic's not even on my ipad any more and safari is delegated to a back page. either one is a good replacement for safari. i tried a few other browsers. they were junk.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote