Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #1
gamcall
gamcall began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Question No cover on import from iTunes

I recently downloaded a book from the iTunes book store and, as usual for books sourced in this way, imported it into Calibre. The trouble is, it's lacking the cover that shows in iTunes and the cover I can download is not the same as the one in iTunes. Why wouldn't the cover come across? Others I've downloaded & imported have, but I think one or 2 others haven't.
Any ideas?
gamcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Probably because the actual ebook file has no cover in it and itunes is showing you a separately downloaded cover.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:46 AM   #3
gamcall
gamcall began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Would that be the case (epub has no cover) if I was able to use an Applescript in iTunes that exported album art to get the cover it had in iTunes?
gamcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:58 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes .
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover art, import books, itunes