Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 11:16 AM   #1
Basekid
Basekid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Kindle 2i not recognized :(

Anyone else having the issue that the Kindle 2I with (the newest) jailbreak + ss + font hack is not recognized by Calibre? Windows itself sees its fine as an attached usb device, but Calibre just claims there is nothing there
Basekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basekid View Post
Anyone else having the issue that the Kindle 2I with (the newest) jailbreak + ss + font hack is not recognized by Calibre? Windows itself sees its fine as an attached usb device, but Calibre just claims there is nothing there
It's likely one of your jailbreak/hacks has changed what Calibre uses to ID your device. Provide the info for your device again: see here.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2010, 06:39 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basekid View Post
It's likely one of your jailbreak/hacks has changed what Calibre uses to ID your device. Provide the info for your device again: see here.
In the interim use the Connect to folder option.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:06 AM   #4
Basekid
Basekid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Thanks, ill give that a go!

edit: the debug option seems to say that my kindle 2 is recognised:

Quote:
Devices possibly connected: Kindle 2 Device Interface,
Trying to open Kindle 2 Device Interface ... OK
Main memory: 'J:\\'
Total space: (1599041536, 0, 0)
There is however no "send to device" button in calibre, only a save to disk option

Last edited by Basekid; 08-26-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Basekid is offline   Reply With Quote