Device: Kindle DX
Kindle finally released in Canada

A friend just sent me this link:

http://technology.canoe.ca/2009/11/17/11774336-qmi.html
FligMupple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
yay! for them!!!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
About time. I'm in the US, but have a few friends in Canada that have been chomping at the bit for this.

Shel
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
FligMupple
Enthusiast
FligMupple doesn't litterFligMupple doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
This is a bit strange... "The Spire" is available in Canada as an ebook through Sony's Ebookstore. I bought it a few months ago when I had a PRS-505.

But now the Kindle version of The Spire is not available in Canada due to "copyright restrictions". I would think the same laws/restrictions would apply to both versions of the ebook.
FligMupple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by FligMupple View Post
This is a bit strange... "The Spire" is available in Canada as an ebook through Sony's Ebookstore. I bought it a few months ago when I had a PRS-505.

But now the Kindle version of The Spire is not available in Canada due to "copyright restrictions". I would think the same laws/restrictions would apply to both versions of the ebook.
That is a bit nuts. Sometimes I think it is a strange mess of licensing agreements but other times it's simply Amazon's system not updating book availability I think.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2009, 04:58 PM   #6
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
yay! for them!!!
yay! for us!!!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Yay!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	canada.png
Views:	428
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	39449  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:27 PM   #8
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Yay!!
Sorry, but Bouvet Island?

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
Bouvet Island (Norwegian: Bouvetøya) is an uninhabited Antarctic volcanic island in the South Atlantic Ocean, 2525 km[1] south-southwest of South Africa. It is a dependent territory (Norwegian: biland) of Norway and is not subject to the Antarctic Treaty. It is the most remote island in the world.
So they got the Kindle before us?? Sheesh.

Still, Yay!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Who needs and ebook reader more than the most remote island in the world?

I wonder what the weather is like there. I need a vacation.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
angelbleu
Enthusiast
angelbleu began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Bold
Hooray for Canadians!

Hope Amazon releases the Kindle in my country (South Korea) soon...

I mean, the wireless coverage map shows 100% Whispernet coverage across the whole country! So, just release it already!
angelbleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:15 AM   #11
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Question: is the Kindle selling everywhere Sony is right now?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #12
sergiodongala
Connoisseur
sergiodongala doesn't littersergiodongala doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
africa

When will it be available for me here in africa?
sergiodongala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:40 AM   #13
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
It's a shame that the delay with the kindle wasn't so that they could launch a proper version in canada, it would have been a clear sign that amazon weren't happy to just sit back after implementing their current system of approved grey importing and roaming data.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:17 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Question: is the Kindle selling everywhere Sony is right now?
Yes, it is.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #15
tdavie
tdavie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Good news, but I already have a Sony 505. I was ready to use the credit card on a DX, but they won't ship iot to Canada. Oh well, not my problem.

Tom
tdavie is offline   Reply With Quote