Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-12-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
Skybch30
Skybch30 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Calibre Newbie/ Epub files DRM?

Hello all. Having a problem converting books from my Sony Ereader PRS-505. Though most of my 250 book say Epub, Calibre cannot convert them because they are DRM. I thought Calibre converts all Epubs. What am I doing wrong?
Skybch30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre can't convert books that have DRM. It's against the rules to give detailed DRM removal instructions here, but if you google for Apprentice Alf you should find the information you need.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
Calibre can't convert books that have DRM. It's against the rules to give detailed DRM removal instructions here, but if you google for Apprentice Alf you should find the information you need.
What a good answer. Useful, correct, and within the rules. I'd be giving Karma except I've run out for today.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
DRM restricts what you can do with a digital file. It prevents you from copying and converting.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #5
Skybch30
Skybch30 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thank you for the info. I think the fix is way above my skill level. Will have to find a techie.
Skybch30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2011, 05:39 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybch30 View Post
Thank you for the info. I think the fix is way above my skill level. Will have to find a techie.
Not really - if I can do it anyone can. My friend Alf will give you full instructions, and if you follow them it's quite straightforward.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub conversion