Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #46
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@Iņigo

Quote:
How can I edit kite .pdf file contents? I've looked into them but only could see a StreamObject... how it is encoded?
Eh? What do you mean? I don't know what kite .pdf file you're reffering to. Librerator only puts file named Librerator in kite folder.

To make Kite open last documents, you need to edit Librerator file that is in kite directory. Original file looks like this:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/us/librerator/librerator.sh /mnt/us/documents
and should look like this if you want it to open the document that was opened last instead of File Chooser:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

/mnt/us/librerator/librerator.sh
You can't open to last documents list. However, if you open in file chooser, you only need to press Menu/fw_press.

Sorry if I misunderstood you and you asked something completely different .

Last edited by Kai771; 01-09-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #47
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai771 View Post
Eh? What do you mean? I don't know what kite .pdf file you're reffering to. Librerator only puts file named Librerator in kite folder.
Glub, sorry. I misunderstood how kite works.
I see a Librerator.pdf file on documents folder, so I suppose kite program parses this file...
It looks it works in other way, kite first scan "kite" dir, and then builds .pdf files.

Sorry,
Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #48
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

@Iņigo

No problem at all.

Oh, I forgot to answer about shortcut for enter. You can move cursor all the way up and then press fw_press. I agree that Home would be better, but I think this is good enough (lazy to change ).

Edit: The following is fixed in Librerator R2, and therefore obsolete.
Spoiler:
And here is the fix for not working left pg_fwd/pg_bck in crereader. Edit crereader.lua and add the red lines:

Code:
	self.commands:add(KEY_LPGBCK, nil, nil, nil, -- hiden from help screen - only usable on K4NT
		function(self)
			if G_ScreenKB_pressed then
				G_ScreenKB_pressed = false
				local bm = nil
				bm = self:prevBookMarkedPage()
				if bm then self:goto(bm.page, true, "xpointer") end
				return
			end
			self:goto(self:prevView(), true, "page")
		end
	)
	self.commands:add(KEY_LPGFWD, nil, nil, nil, -- hiden from help screen - only usable on K4NT
		function(self)
				local bm = nil
				bm = self:nextBookMarkedPage()
				if bm then self:goto(bm.page, true, "xpointer") end
				return
			end
			self:goto(self:nextView(), true, "page")
		end
	)

Last edited by Kai771; 01-15-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:13 PM   #49
Kai771
Just a Noob

Make Librerator open last file on start

This feature is present in KPV, but I removed it from Librerator in order to simplify it - it is my opinion that only a few power users would use it, and that they would know how to do it themselves. But, just in case someone else needs it, you can download the archive attached to this post. Inside you'll find two folders - kite and launchpad.

If you're using Kite:
- copy the file from kite folder to kite folder on your kindle.
- you'll see a new book, named Librerator - last file. If you click on it, you'll start Librerator with the last file opened.

If you're using launchpad:
- copy the file from the launchpad folder to launchpad folder on your kindle.
- press Shift-Shift-Space
- you can now open Librerator with the last file opened pressing Shift-L-F

I hope this helps someone.

Oh, and I added "Known bugs and features" section to the Librerator wiki if someone's interested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Librerator-last_file.zip (819 Bytes, 412 views)

Last edited by Kai771; 01-09-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #50
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Thanks for fixing left buttons.

Regarding "Librerator - last file": both "close doc" and "exit Librerator" quits the program.
I suppose, same incompatibility issues between Librerator and Kite.

Remaining most important issues for me are:
- incompatibility between Librerator and Kite => impossible to solve?
- toggle on and off CREReader header should keep book position => difficult
- key shortcut to toggle CREReader header => very easy, I did myself

Thanks again for your work and support,
Iņigo
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #51
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Question: when browsing file directories, the filenames may be longer than the screen. What possibilities do I have so see the missing half of the names?

Or, otherwise, while browser folders, may I see the files by author-title metadata?

Thank you.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #52
Kai771
Just a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Regarding "Librerator - last file": both "close doc" and "exit Librerator" quits the program.
I suppose, same incompatibility issues between Librerator and Kite.
Might be. I don't know that for sure, but my guess would be that it is. I don't use Kite, and am not particularly inclined to start now . Can anyone that does tell me if there are any issues with KPV and Kite? Librerator & Kite on K3? I'm interested to know, but not that much to loose a day fiddling with it myself.

Quote:
Remaining most important issues for me are:
- incompatibility between Librerator and Kite => impossible to solve?
I wouldn't say impossible, but it's very unlikely to be solved by me. I neither have the required knowledge, time to fiddle with it, and most importantly - willpower.

Quote:
- toggle on and off CREReader header should keep book position => difficult
I'd say "time consuming" is better choice of words in this case than "difficult". This is just my guessing, but if Cool Reader 3 position you back to the exact same place when you turn on header and then immediately turn it off, I'd say they use positons (1) for the current position in text. If you imagine the whole book rendered as a bitmap the width of the kindle screen, and height as long as necessary, the "position" would be the y coordinate in that bitmap that goes to the top left of the screen in scroll mode. In page mode, even if you issue a command to go to that possition, crengine will make sure it ends up on the screen - but in this case it doesn't have to be at the top. It will just be on the screen. That's why we have the initial drift when you turn on header. If you don't change this position, when you turn off header again, you will get to the same position/representation on screen that you had before you turned header on first.

However, for various reasons (correctly positioning links is one of them) I needed to recalculate that "position", so that position is alway what is at the top of the screen. Getting all this correctly is very fiddly - that's why I'm reluctant to do it. Especially since time needed highly overweighs the benefit gained. Although I personally prefer having all the screen for the text, too, having header always on isn't that bad for epub/fb2/mobi files as it would be for pdf/djvu. epub/fb2/mobi files will always be neatly reformated, so you don't really lose anything. Even if you turn header on/off, drift is always backwards - since you read over text that you already read, it takes much less time to find where you were than it would take if the drift was forward, or unpredictable. Furthermore, I don't think one would turn header on/off every two minutes. In my opinion, it would take me a couple of thousands of books to equal out time lost looking where I were and time needed to fix this.

Quote:
- key shortcut to toggle CREReader header => very easy, I did myself
Yes, this is easy. It takes a bit more work to make it configurable through defaults.lua, but that's not all that hard too. However, I don't want to make a high number of .01 versions. If it's not something serious (like left pg_fwd/pg_back not working - that would annoy the hell out of a lefthanded person) I'll leave it for official R2 release, which I'm thinking of releasing sometime in April or so (assuming there will be one - depends on how many people use Librerator. By that time, mainstream KPV will probably be available for all kindles - from K2 to KPW, and people might really prefer their way of doing things). You (and anyone else) are of course free to publish your own patches, hacks, forks or whatever.

Regards,
Kai771
Old 01-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #53
Kai771
Just a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfpop View Post
Question: when browsing file directories, the filenames may be longer than the screen. What possibilities do I have so see the missing half of the names?
You can press Shift-R (rename) on the long filename that you want to see. InputBox in Librerator is fixed compared to mainstream KPV, and you'll be able to see the whole name scrolling left/right. Of course, you don't have to rename it - just press Back to exit.

I realize this is not much, but I think it's better than nothing.

Edit: I just remembered - you can press fw_right on the file too. You'll get info of the file, including fully visible name.

Quote:
Or, otherwise, while browser folders, may I see the files by author-title metadata?
No, there's no database with meta info. Files and folders are just file/folders. You can use folders to sort your files any way you wish though. I myself much prefer this way of sorting books to Amazon's collections.

Last edited by Kai771; 01-09-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #54
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Quote:
Edit: I just remembered - you can press fw_right on the file too. You'll get info of the file, including fully visible name.
Thank you. My problem: my filenames have one of two structures:

Code:
Series - Nr - Author - Title
Author - Title
I successfully played with filechooser.lua to display

Code:
Nr - Author - Title
Author - Title
Thank you for a nice program.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #55
benalb
benalb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 NT
Just come here to say thank you. Installed in a new K4NT without problems.
benalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #56
Kai771
Just a Noob

@benalb

Thank you for commenting. I'm really glad you like Librerator.

Edit: The following is fixed in Librerator R2, and therefore obsolete.
Spoiler:
@Iņigo
Special service for you, my friend. Making fw_left/fw_right do -10/+10 pages. crereader.lua.

Code:
	self.commands:add(KEY_FW_LEFT, nil, nil, nil, -- hiden from help screen - only usable on K4NT
		function(self)
				return
			end
			self:goto(self.pageno-10, true, "page")
		end
	)
	self.commands:add(KEY_FW_RIGHT, nil, nil, nil, -- hiden from help screen - only usable on K4NT
		function(self)
				self:gotoInput()
				return
			end
			self:goto(self.pageno+10, true, "page")
		end
	)
Bear in mind that this is an ugly (but quick) hack. It won't work in scroll mode.

Last edited by Kai771; 01-15-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #57
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Special service for you, my friend. Making fw_left/fw_right do -10/+10 pages. crereader.lua.
Works perfectly, thanks.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 AM   #58
feelslike
feelslike began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 black
hi there , thx for your librerator , it's great.
i've been installed on my kindle 4 black with a jailbreak try successfully (the unjailbroken try failed the first time)
the dealing with pdf were perfect but when I opened a epub named a song of ice and fire which is about 70m the costing time drives me crazy... should I just covert it to mobi or will the next version improve this?
also the buttons of the left side seems not working , but it can be used in the setting menu , does this only on me or everyone?
thx again this help me a lot!

Last edited by feelslike; 01-11-2013 at 01:52 AM.
feelslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:42 AM   #59
Kai771
Just a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by feelslike View Post
hi there , thx for your librerator , it's great.
i've been installed on my kindle 4 black with a jailbreak try successfully (the unjailbroken try failed the first time)
Thank you for your report. I'm really glad you like Librerator.

Quote:
the dealing with pdf were perfect but when I opened a epub named a song of ice and fire which is about 70m the costing time drives me crazy... should I just covert it to mobi or will the next version improve this?
First opening of epub/fb2/mobi files is pretty slow, depending on the file. That's how crengine, the component responsible for rendering those files, handles things. Subsequent openings of the same file should be a lot faster than the first one, since crengine generates cache on first opening.

If it's still too slow - I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do to fix this. In next version of Librerator I will use the newest version of crengine available at that time, so if it's fixed there, it will be fixed in Librerator too. Otherwise no.
Edit: it turned out that the above was due to the bug in Librerator afterall. It's fixed in Librerator R2.

Converting to mobi might or might not help. But mobi can be opened with default Amazon reader, which will open it faster as far as I know.

You can also try Cool Reader 3. Although it also uses crengine, it might do a better (faster) job for epub/fb2/mobi.

Quote:
also the buttons of the left side seems not working , but it can be used in the setting menu , does this only on me or everyone?
Yes, this was my fault. I posted fix here.

Last edited by Kai771; 01-16-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:08 AM   #60
hfpop
Addict

The idea behind librerator is brilliant. I am using it to access my mobi books per folder, not per collection. I am moving the books in .../books not .../documents, and using kite to run Librerator.

I have found librerator creates the cr3cache folder. What is the reasoning behind this folder? I mean: the space on kindle is premium; I would delete the contents of cr3cache quite often. Is it ok? As well, are there some options for configuring this cache?

Thank you.

Tags
application, epub, fb2, pdf, reader