Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
hpjrt
Connoisseur
hpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo
Um am I missing something?

This is just a quick and stupid question ...

Why does the setup of the Kobo ask for a time zone and the actual time ... when the Kobo doesn't display the time anywhere that I can find?

Just wondering ...

Mary
hpjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Sort of just guessing...

Mostly so that library checkouts will work properly and expire on time.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 05:06 PM   #3
hpjrt
Connoisseur
hpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watchhpjrt is clearly one to watch

Device: kobo
Ah ... that actually makes sense!

Thanks

Mary
hpjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
plaid
Connoisseur
plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!plaid , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo eReader
The Kobo device does have the time in the settings area, yes it would be nice if it would display on the menu or somewhere a bit easier to get to.
plaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Ghoda
Enthusiast
Ghoda is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo, Kobo for iPhone, Aluratek Libre
You have to go into the settings to actually see what time the Kobo thinks it is - the funny thing is that I have two and neither one can actually keep time worth a damn - the clocks drift out by 20 minutes a day or so (they're both registering about 3 days in the past at the moment). There has been no discernable effect regarding syncs or purchases.
Ghoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 12:27 AM   #6
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
Ah Kobo, what a mess. I still ove reading on it though.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote