Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-24-2014, 01:05 AM   #46
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
thanks for digging that up, monkey. Will be very useful for car/plane trips with the kiddo!
How old? I'd spend the extra $20 and get the 16GB version.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:35 PM   #47
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
kindergarten. And definitely will pony up the extra 20
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by soondai View Post
kindergarten. And definitely will pony up the extra 20
Cool

I have a grandson that age and he's been playing with gadgets since he was two or three. I gave him a Fire HD 7.1 + OtterBox case last year and he loves it.

Personally, I think Amazon has the best ecosystem for kids. Quality inexpensive tablets plus tons of free content. Couple that with FreeTime or FreeTime Unlimited and you have a winning combination.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #49
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
The gadgets I'd be after if I had a gadget budget just now are the Xperia Z3 Compact (waterproof, sleek, powerful, not giant) phone and the Nvidia Shield Tablet.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:59 PM   #50
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
The gadgets I'd be after if I had a gadget budget just now are the Xperia Z3 Compact (waterproof, sleek, powerful, not giant) phone and the Nvidia Shield Tablet.
I've been eyeing the Z3 Compact as well, but it's still a bit too big for my needs. I think I may look into the Samsung Gear S watch when it comes out, since it's a phone by itself, but whether I would buy it depends on price and on Overdrive and Audible app support, since I listen to audiobooks when I go running.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2014, 12:27 PM   #51
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimply View Post
Save tree and go green....that's really a nice way to stop deforestation. - [This was a spammer and his butt has now been banned. - MODERATOR]
You would be shocked to know what natural resources are required and what processes they have to go through in order to produce our tablets, smartphones, and computers. (And how we have to dispose of them).

Nothing's free, baby.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-30-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote