Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
mkb
mkb began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
KOBO PROMO CODES

HELP....i CANT FIND WHERE TO ENTER THE KOBO PROMO CODES WHEN PURCHASING A BOOK. WHERE DO I DO THIS NOW?

Last edited by mkb; 11-02-2012 at 05:18 PM.
mkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think that first of all you have to use codes via the website, not from the device itself.

Secondly, you can't use codes on all books; the standard means of telling if a book is eligible for a promo code is to look at the price on the website. If the book says something like
Quote:
$11.99
List price: $18.95
You save: 37% ($6.96)
then, when you get to the payment page on the website you will see
Quote:
REDEEM ANY GIFT CARDS OR PROMO CODES
Have a gift card or promo code? Use it here
When you expand that selection you can enter the promo code.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
See also this thread here.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think that first of all you have to use codes via the website, not from the device itself.
I have bought from the device in the past (although not for several months) and have been able to use promo codes on the device.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:47 AM   #5
Transonic
Enthusiast
Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
I have read about these promo codes before but have never discovered how you get hold of one. Anyone know how thats done ?
Transonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #6
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
I saw a checkout-coupon code on the front page of the webstore recently for 40% off, added a current bestseller to my basket, and never got the opportunity to use the coupon. Reasons? IDK. Book was subject to agency pricing and not eligible? [shrug] I had to click through to the list of "goodreads" in the coupon banner and pick ONLY from that list to enable the coupon? No idea.

I deal with a lot of e-tailers, and I've never seen a coupon code without an asterisk and a half-page of explanation on exactly how it is to be used or not used. Except at Kobo. Unlike several other posters, I actually like the Kobo web store (Searches are very fast, you can search on publisher, etc.) but this was a pretty bad experience.

There is a flyer in the box for the Glo which tells customers that -- at some point in the future -- they're going to get an email or notification for a single-time offer: a coupon good for 90% off. While I never got mine, one person who DID get theirs also never got it to work, probably (we guessed) because of agency pricing on the title he chose.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:18 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transonic View Post
I have read about these promo codes before but have never discovered how you get hold of one. Anyone know how thats done ?
People post them in the thread that danger pointed to above. Plus, Kobo send them in their newsletters.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #8
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oj829 View Post
I saw a checkout-coupon code on the front page of the webstore recently for 40% off, added a current bestseller to my basket, and never got the opportunity to use the coupon. Reasons? IDK. Book was subject to agency pricing and not eligible? [shrug] I had to click through to the list of "goodreads" in the coupon banner and pick ONLY from that list to enable the coupon? No idea.
Make sure you don't have Quick Buy enabled.

See this thread...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #9
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Make sure you don't have Quick Buy enabled.

See this thread...
That isn't needed. What is needed is to actually read the pop that comes up when you buy something and have Quick Buy enabled. There is a link that will take you to the main purchase screen and allow you to enter the promotion code or make whatever changes you need. By leaving Quick Buy enabled, you actually get more choices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
I've noticed on my Touch that Kobo has cleaned things up a bit. If the book is not eligible for a discount code there is no longer an option to put in a discount code. Same thing on the kobo.com site.

I prefer it this way. Really hated getting the whole "The Publisher does not allow discount codes" message.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:32 AM   #11
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
be happy with the coupons you get... In France, they are not available... (Prices are the same wherever you buy your books). No discount possible for us
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:40 AM   #12
Transonic
Enthusiast
Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Thanks David I will keep an eye out for these codes.

Last edited by Transonic; 11-06-2012 at 04:25 AM.
Transonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:21 AM   #13
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
be happy with the coupons you get... In France, they are not available... (Prices are the same wherever you buy your books). No discount possible for us
That is very strange! Are you sure? Have you ever tried any of the discount codes available in the discount codes thread?

If you really want to be able to use them, you could put a false address in with your credit card details. I have mine set to a UK address (because I want to see English books, not Dutch new releases etc), and the system thinks I am a UK customer. So yes, I see everything in pounds, but in your case, it'd enable you to use discount codes. You could also use a Dutch address if you'd prefer to keep Euros. You won't see any French new releases etc any more though.

Also, I'm not sure how credit card transactions would work with a false address attached to it. I recall someone saying (in the discount codes thread) that it would still work. But I use PayPal without any problem
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:46 AM   #14
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Also, I'm not sure how credit card transactions would work with a false address attached to it. I recall someone saying (in the discount codes thread) that it would still work. But I use PayPal without any problem
They work...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:53 AM   #15
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
They work...
Aaahh I thought it was you
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote