Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #16
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
don't forget the "smart toilets" and 'fridges they have been touting since the '60s as well. Yup all of our IT journals and periodical rags have been making these promises. And we best not get into the lies SF writers have been spilling for decades upon decades as well. Lying teasing bastages!! haha!

Best I've seen is clients coming to me to design or double check what the architect/contractor has done on the blueprints for their in home network wiring for a new build home. These days new builds only need a handful of hard wired connections mostly for bridges and APs. Most everything is more cleanly handled with wireless. Still some wall ports with at least cat 5e are prudent in case some device only sports a traditional NIC. I don't do wire installs anymore, haven't for a long time now as it now requires a contractors licence to pull cable because it carries "current". As if the current it carries can ever cause an issue such as a fire (the original reason used by the EE lobby to get these laws in place here in California).
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #17
mentored1
Smart Monkey
mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Doesn't work for me any more then reading on my computer screen ever has -- which is never if I don't have to.

:

Reading on a computer just plain sucks. I was the console button strictly for the ginormous people that are connected through there on a daily basis. Maybe all those kids that grew up staring at screens can tolerate reading on them... that's a big audience.
mentored1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #18
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Why not include a tiny solar cell in cosmetically fit place? How much price will it raise? It would then be like UNLIMITED BATTERY!
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentored1
I was [poking/pushing] the console button strictly for the ginormous people that are connected through there on a daily basis.
Unfair stereotype. Not all gamers are overweight.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #20
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
<snip>
That said, I was surprised to find out how good an e-reader my Nintendo DS Lite is. I got the ebook collection for it pretty much on a whim ... I just had to see ... and while I certainly wouldn't want it as my primary reading device, it's nice to be able to pull it out of my pocket (it can go more places because it occupies such a small pocket) and read when I couldn't easily cart my 505 with me. I would love a program that would let me load my own books on there for easy portable reading -- I think they're missing a big bet. <snip>
I don't know if it contains helpful information, but did you discover the information in this thread, yet? (Check post #7)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2011, 12:58 AM   #21
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
you mean doesn't work for you anymore THAN ... why is this word so many times mistaken with the incorrect "then" ? Sorry to go off-topic like that but it kind of stands out like light in the middle of the night. I've read 3 different posts by 3 different posters wrongly using this word before deciding to say something about it. Sorry again for going off-topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Doesn't work for me any more then reading on my computer screen ever has -- which is never if I don't have to.

My Xoom however is different as it is portable and readable like a book.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:39 AM   #22
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
you mean doesn't work for you anymore THAN ... why is this word so many times mistaken with the incorrect "then" ? Sorry to go off-topic like that but it kind of stands out like light in the middle of the night. I've read 3 different posts by 3 different posters wrongly using this word before deciding to say something about it. Sorry again for going off-topic
Yes a typo (I'm the king of typos) sorry.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:15 PM   #23
mentored1
Smart Monkey
mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mentored1 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Unfair stereotype. Not all gamers are overweight.
Diap, you're lucky I don't have the ability to launch my "uludium P36 space modulator".

Otherwise...

Wiseguy.
mentored1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:59 PM   #24
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Diap, you're lucky I don't have the ability to launch my "uludium P36 space modulator".
Sorry. Just couldn't resist.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote