Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-03-2007, 01:05 PM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The 5/30 version crashes for me, too. I use the previous (4/12) version which works fine for me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #17
gingercat
Connoisseur
gingercat began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Try a full uninstall and then a reinstall followed by the upgrade. And then add the Book Cleaner files and use those as well. Set your language to German. And then fix all the other options. See how that goes.
What are these book cleaner files and where do I get them from?
gingercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:10 PM   #18
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingercat View Post
Try here.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:20 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I use the 05/30/2007 version and it works for me. Your milage may vary. I am using XP Pro. What I suggest is trying the 04/12/2007 update and seeing if that works. If it works, then try the 05/30/2007 version. If that does not work, then go back to the 04/12/2007 version.

One thing I do suggest if the 04/12/2007 version works, disable everything that runs when the computer starts and try the 05/30/2007. It could be something you run that's getting in the way.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 11:23 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
What are these book cleaner files?
The Book Cleaner files are settings for Book Cleaner that fix problems when loading your file into Book Designer. BD has problems with certain things and what BC does is convert the problem issues to something else that's not a problem, loads the file, and then converts back to what they were. The first use of BC was to fix emdashes. Then we found other problems and used BC to fix them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Jon's given you the location of the files, but to explain further, "Book Cleaner" is a tool that's a part of Book Designer, which allows you to do "pre-processing" and "post-processing" of a file as it gets loaded by BD and converted to BD's own format. It's a very powerful method of automatically fixing common formatting problems.

One example of its use: Book Designer will generally break lines at the end of sentences. Some common abbreviations, like "Mr." will trigger a line break at a place where you really don't want one. With Book Cleaner, you can replace "Mr." by some other character sequence before BD loads the file, and then change it back to "Mr." again after BD's loaded the file. You can also do more sophisticated things, such as strip out multiple blank lines between paragraphs. It's a very powerful tool.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote