Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
Siddharta
Siddharta began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino
Red face How can i add remarks to a ebook?

Hi, i would like to add remarks to a book while i am reading it. I have not found such a function in calibre. How can this be done? Thanks for your help.
Siddharta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please use the forums correctly. If you have a Calibre question, it belongs in the Calibre forum. I shall move this thread there.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddharta View Post
Hi, i would like to add remarks to a book while i am reading it. I have not found such a function in calibre. How can this be done? Thanks for your help.
The keyword is: 'Annotations'

There is not a whole lot here because it is not cross-device (brand and sometimes, even model ) compatible, if the feature is even supported.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The calibre viewer only does bookmarks. You can't add comments to them.

With ADE you can add annotations. These are not stored in the book but a separate file.

Most ereader devices have a way of taking annotations. But, as theducks pointed out, they don't tend to support copying them between devices. The Kobo devices I have don't support this. But, they use ADE to read epubs and store the annotations in a file like ADE on the PC. I have manually moved these files between the devices and, with a bit of playing, gotten ADE on the PC to read them. I don't know if other ADE based ereaders do the same.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddharta View Post
How are you reading your book - on your Tolino reader or using Calibre ? Looking at the Tolino Shine it doesn't have a keyboard so trying to add remarks would be a torturous process but not impossible.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert