Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #106
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
A mistress of all ...
That will explain the leather and the whips.

Yes, mistress. Sorry, mistress.

Cheers,
Slave Unit kTHXbai1138
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:20 PM   #107
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
No, those are my whips! But my good gal-pal Zelda can certainly borrow them. Just not on my cuuuuute little Planethead.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #108
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
BTW, I have another 'Question Mark' avatar that needs fixing in my friends list. Oh, Dale, where are you Dale? Listening?
AT LONG LAST... An avatar for Dale!

Quite befitting for the master wiki-meister; spearheading the assembly of all that reference material in one place. A true "printer" at heart!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	press.gif
Views:	387
Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	12610  

Last edited by nrapallo; 05-05-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Dale's avatar; should he change his mind about avatars!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #109
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i've noticed quite a lot of new avatars around, i think you know who we can thank for the trend (follow my eyes...).

and how appropriate that Nick can be enthusiastic about 2 avatars in one day, because... can it be ??? i think it is... that's right, "and now, walking up the red carpet, Zelda is resplendent in an avatar by Nick. Sources have confirmed that it is an original creation just for her."

Zelda also has heard that you can get away with talking about yourself in the third person if you just put quotes around it, and pretend it's someone else. italics help as well.

oh, oups, she forgot the quotes just then. no italics either. sheesh.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:34 AM   #110
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i've noticed quite a lot of new avatars around, i think you know who we can thank for the trend (follow my eyes...).

and how appropriate that Nick can be enthusiastic about 2 avatars in one day, because... can it be ??? i think it is... that's right, "and now, walking up the red carpet, Zelda is resplendent in an avatar by Nick. Sources have confirmed that it is an original creation just for her."

Zelda also has heard that you can get away with talking about yourself in the third person if you just put quotes around it, and pretend it's someone else. italics help as well.

Nick's shower stall wall looks great on you, ZP. Ahem.
Subliminal message from self to self: Oh, right!
You can also have conversations with yourself by hiding the text. Fun!
Subliminal message from self to self: Yes, fun.
I already said fun, you idiot!
Subliminal message from self to self: Shut up and go back to work.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 05-05-2008 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Clarify subliminiminals
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #111
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
huh ? work ? who said that ???
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #112
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Awwww..... I would have thought that since this 'avatar of the day' was first posted, it could have 'come to life' with some of your animation skills.

Guess I'll have to wait for your original spinning pinwheel avatar to see some animation... (did I mention that one of my undergrad degrees was a speciality in Computer Graphics!)
Old 05-05-2008, 12:01 PM   #113
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Subliminal messages should be banned .

I can't tell whether it's me talking to me , or vr whispering something in my shell-like .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #114
nrapallo

Quote:
"and now, walking up the red carpet, Zelda is resplendent in an avatar by Nick. Sources have confirmed that it is an original creation just for her."

p.s. I'm the one in the crowd waving!
Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 PM   #115
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
p.s. I'm the one in the crowd waving!
From his bathroom.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #116
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
From his bathroom.
behind the curtain .
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #117
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
behind the curtain .
Now I've got to find a new hiding spot.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:38 PM   #118
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
I could feel them intensely staring at me. Ooo. That feels good! Anyway, you're misdirected again, ZP. The trend was not sparked by me all, but by Yvan, as usual: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...672#post172672
It is is Yvan (and sometimes Nate) that stirs up all the trouble in these here parts.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:39 PM   #119
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
AT LONG LAST... An avatar for Dale!

Quite befitting for the master wiki-meister; spearheading the assembly of all that reference material in one place. A true "printer" at heart!
And an old codger.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #120
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
And an old codger.

Dale

old codger

That's not you in the chair, is it? Where's the pipe?

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda