Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Error during Sync

Anyone currently having issues doing a sync, either via WiFi or via Desktop.

Dbgview is showing me:

Spoiler:

Code:
[8952] NetworkReplyObserver::onError 299 
[8952] WebResponseInflater::webRequestFinished FAILED 299 "Error downloading https://social.kobobooks.com/EventService/events/submit/1.0 - server replied: Bad Request" 
[8952] Removed the device's database 
[8952]  -- [SyncThread] DELETED 
[8952]  ------- [SyncClient] ------  SyncClient::start (Thread: 0x22fc ) 
[8952]  ------- [SyncClient] ------  SyncClient::verifyDeviceDone 
[8952] UpgradeManager::onClientSyncDone false 
[8952] Opened the device's database. Ref count =  1 
[8952]  -- [SyncThread] ID:  0x21d4 
[8952] SyncThread running, device is "KG3172104949A" "2.6.35.3" 
[8952]  ------- [SyncClient] ------  SyncClient::start (Thread: 0x21d4 ) 
[8952]  ------- [SyncClient] ------  SyncClient::verifyDeviceDone 
[8952]  ------- [SyncClient] ------  SyncClient::migrationSucceeded 
[8952]  ------- [SyncClient] ------  SyncClient::startUserSync 
[8952]  ------- [SyncClient] ------  SyncClient::syncUserDone 
[8952]  ------- [SyncClient] ------  SyncClient::syncNextItem [ Total:  0 ] 
[8952] NOT SENDING:  79  contentId is empty 
[8952] NOT SENDING:  6  contentId is empty 
[8952] [SubmitEventsCommand] :: sending batch ( 5 ) 
[8952] SocialURL:  QUrl( "https://social.kobobooks.com/EventService/events/submit/1.0" )  
[8952] SocialSyncProxy::onReadingLifeSyncStarted() 
[8952] SocialSyncProxy::onSocialAuthenticationDone() 
[8952] NetworkReplyObserver::onError 299 
[8952] WebResponseInflater::webRequestFinished FAILED 299 "Error downloading https://social.kobobooks.com/EventService/events/submit/1.0 - server replied: Bad Request" 
[8952]  -- [SyncThread] DELETED

I think the keybit is
Code:
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Yes, I am having problems too - I get "Network error" on the Kobo touch but the desktop is ok for me.

Edited later to say - I was wrong, the desktop isn't working for me. I get a "connection error, please try again later" message when trying to sync with my kobo

Last edited by kiwipippa; 10-07-2011 at 02:54 AM.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 09:32 AM   #3
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I started having a network error when I tried to sync wirelessly yesterday. As the Kobo connected to the wireless network OK, I assumed the problem was with Kobo's servers and thought it would resolve over the next day or so. The desktop seems to work fine though and appears to sync the reader. The error still hasn't resolved with the wireless sync.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Have opened a support ticket; will see what happens.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #5
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
Me too! I started having the "network error" last night. Had this problem last month and eventually did a factory reset which seemed to fix the error but really don't want to do another reset. Otherwise, the reader seems to work fine.
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
Just a heads up,
We are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. Your books are syncing fine. Factory resetting the device will not have any effect on the issue. The error occurs while syncing reading life and is being investigated by our server teams. We will provide updates as soon as the issue is resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
Just a heads up,
We are aware of the problem and are working on a fix. Your books are syncing fine. Factory resetting the device will not have any effect on the issue. The error occurs while syncing reading life and is being investigated by our server teams. We will provide updates as soon as the issue is resolved.

Thanks MDK - I just this second logged a ticket - before I read your post. Pleased to know you are aware of it.
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #8
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
Just a heads up,

Thanks for the update Much appreciated.

Peter
Old 10-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #9
Radagast09
Radagast09 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Unhappy Sync Issue

Just adding my .02 and saying "me too". I am having the same sync issue - I get the dreaded "Opps...network problem...." message when trying to sync wirelessly, and also experience a sync failure with the Touch is connected to Kobo Desktop. The problem is not with my home network as I have tried to sync while connected to other Wi-Fi networks and it continues to fail. Last night the Kobo support rep walked me through a removal and reinstallation of Kobo Desktop plus a full factory reset of the Touch but this did not help at all. As MDK mentions, the failure happens when it tries to sync Reading Life at the start of the sync process. As far as I can tell, the problem started last week after the Touch did a software update; prior to that it worked like a dream.

This is my second Kobo Touch within a two week span. I had to exchange the first one as it was the proverbial lemon right out of the box. Starting to lose faith in Kobo after all these problems, so I'm hoping this issue can be resolved soon!
Radagast09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:43 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I think it will be... Have faith
Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #11
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Ah, I always disable the Reading Life features (I think they're silly but that's just me), and that's why I've never had a sync problem.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:05 PM   #12
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latch View Post
Ah, I always disable the Reading Life features (I think they're silly but that's just me), and that's why I've never had a sync problem.
I just turned my reading life off but it still said updating reading life and then gave me the network error message. I'll try again when i get home.

Edit i tried it again and i didn't get the error message. Though it still says updating reading stats and awards

Last edited by wes101; 10-07-2011 at 08:39 PM.
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #13
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
Tried it again today and its still says updating reading stats even though i turned it off yesterday.It still synced a free book i added to see if it would still sync books so that's all that matters.

Last edited by wes101; 10-08-2011 at 01:38 PM.
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:14 PM   #14
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Yes.. books still sync, but it IS one of those annoying things.
Old 10-08-2011, 03:45 PM   #15
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Problem seems to have resolved for me. I am guessing it was a problem at Kobo's end.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote